stretching a 96 vfr750 any ideas

Discussion in '3rd & 4th Generation 1990-1997' started by TTavenierIII, Jul 10, 2010.

1. TTavenierIII

TTavenierIII New Member

i want to stretch my honda vfr750 a little has anyone done this or can you put a cbr rear swing arm on the bike to make it a 2 sided swing arm. i cant find any extentions or peices
    to stretch the bike some

2. VT Viffer

VT Viffer New Member

United States
    Map
    Why? One of the most unique features of the bike is the single-sided swingarm...

There is also no reason to do it, as the bike will never make enough power to necessitate a stretched swingarm. In addition, it will ruin the handling lengthening the wheelbase.

3. Pliskin

Pliskin New Member

United States
    Map

Maybe because he lives in FL and it's flat and there's no curves? :rolleyes:

4. MiddleTBabb

MiddleTBabb New Member

United States
    Map
    well honestly i have no idea if you can make that swap. perhaps someone somewhere in here can answer your question versus disagreeing about the whole stretch thingie?

:cool:

5. crustyrider

crustyrider New Member

Map
    why.................

6. Fazer1Sniper

Fazer1Sniper New Member

The ELF Honda Pro-Arm cant be sreached w/o chopping it off, adding a peice of channel and re welding it in place. The only point to do this is building a drag bike. Anything else will negitivly effect handling & profomance bad. A guy good with mods can fit a CBR swingarm to the old girl, from there you can add extentions or stretch the arm alot easier then the single side mod. All and all, seems like a bad idea.

7. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    I agree, Why? The SSSA is one of it's charter traits, IMO if you want a stretched bike get another one to mod out. each there own but like vfrhusband mention not a good thing to do to the elf swing arm , can only imagine that trouble one would run into.

8. TOE CUTTER

TOE CUTTER Mullet Man

United States
    Map
    Most people want to go the other direction but I would bet it is a simple swap from SSSA once a proper doner is determined. There was a pic posted some time back of some lunatic that stretched a SSSA aboot a foot or more, anyone know where that pic is located?

9. TTavenierIII

TTavenierIII New Member

I guess it's all up to wat u wanna do to ur bike! But this is what I wanna do to mine
    only reason for getting this bike compared to the r1 I was looking at
    was cuz my father in law needed money. As for handling I've drivin 600 to 1000s and even hyabusas all stretched, all I can say is you drive what your comfortable driving. I prefer a stretched bike the handle well and keep the front tire on the ground when racing. Thanks for all ur pointless hates and to the ones that acually had helpfull words thanks for the advise it is greatly appreciated.