Stock Suspension Position?

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by 800vtecproblems, Dec 8, 2020.

1. 800vtecproblems

800vtecproblems New Member

United Kingdom
    Hi there, newbie on site!

I've just acquired a 2010 800 vtec, and someone before me has fitted some massive spacers between the clip ons and the top yoke (triple clamp). The spacers are 20mm thick and the top surface of the clip on now sits flush with the top surface of the fork, just below the nut.

I'm not the most confident of rider, especially on sportier machines (retros and cruisers being my bike of choice for years), so I was wondering if anyone can tell me original position of the forks in relation to the clip ons, so I can take these horrific spacers out and revert to stock.

I realise that once back to stock, I may want to start making my own changes, but 20mm, to me seems a little drastic for a first outing.

2. RllwJoe

RllwJoe Insider

United States
    Map
    Welcome to the best group of common interest on the net.
    If you get a moment introduce yourself and post up a photo or two of your new VFR in the "introductions" thread.

I'm sorry that I do not have the answer to your question, however, I'm sure that someone will post that up soon. In the mean time you may want to search for the Factory Service Manuel, it should have that information in it.

3. vishwo707

vishwo707 New Member

Australia
    Map
  4. 800vtecproblems

800vtecproblems New Member

United Kingdom