Staintune Exhaust

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by Wu-Viffer, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Wu-Viffer

Wu-Viffer New Member

Map
    From what I have read, it seems like the Staintune exhaust is the way to go in terms of exhaust upgrades. I have a 2001 VFR, and would like to add a high-mount Staintune exhaust. Has anyone else done that? Could I do it myself? Where did you purchase it? And, did you NEED a power commander and your carbs re-jetted after the addition. Thanks, I just joined today and can't believe how much information there is on this website!

Mel

2. rc74racer

rc74racer New Member

For 02 and later it's the way to go i'm not convinced it's any better for earlier models. Exhaust on 98-01s are easy to install if you have even the smallest amount of mechnical ability. I put my leo vince on in less then 30 mins. You don't have to add a power commander but it's a mod that is worth the money. No carbs on an 01 it's fuel injected. It's always a good idea to rejet or add a PC for FI bikes but not necessary with a slip on. As far as where to get one do any online search for motorcycle exhaust you'll find plenty of them also check with your local dealer and try to work a deal they'll often cut you a break to get your business but you have to ask.

3. Wu-Viffer

Wu-Viffer New Member

Map
    Went for Micron

Thanks for the information. I ended up going for the Micron Exhaust because it wasn't as expensive, and I like the annodized finish they come in. I am mildly mechanically adept, so I should be able to get through it without screwing too much up. Thanks again, Mel