SpeedoHealer install gone wrong... (UGH)

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by REVTMOLO, Nov 25, 2018.

1. REVTMOLO

REVTMOLO New Member

United States
    Map
    So my Speedo is about 10% off. I learned about Speedo healers and it seemed like it all made sense. I bought the unit and installed it today. I immediately started getting an F2 error. according to what I was able to find this is a factory issue in which the unit is in the factory test mode.

To make matters worse, I took it off and put everything back together only to discover the speedometer is no longer working and my FI light is now coming on 10 minutes into every ride. I assume the FI light is because it's not getting any feedback from the speedo.

But wait there's more!

I attempt to return it to "Podium Superbike" (on Amazon) and I'm apparently expected to pay for the return shipping and I see there "May be a 15% restocking fee" which sure sounds to me like I'm going to be paying for something I got that was defective.

Needless to say, I'm annoyed all to hell about it. Don't mind me, just venting.

2. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

I won't buy any more parts or model specific tools from Amazon, my two experiences where they sent me something completely different from what I ordered. One, they just gave me the tool and refunded my money, as I told them there is no way I'm spending my time and money sending back a $12 oil filter wrench, and frankly, I don't work for Amazon, Amazon works for me. The second time, I didn't even bother, just threw it in the trash and wiped my hands of it. Lesson learned. Only deal with the manufacturer, or the manufacturers licensed agent, directly, if that's possible, if not, I only buy from folks that offer "hassle free" returns. Amazon asked for my opinion, I gave it to them straight, no F-Bombs, no embellishments, just the straight skinny, as honestly and concisely as possible. Needless to say, I received an email 2 days later telling me they couldn't post my review. Of course you can't :Nono:

3. FJ12rydertoo

FJ12rydertoo Member

United States
    Map
    It sucks, but you can't blame the seller for not wanting to pay postage both ways, when he doesn't know it was
    the fault of the part you got. For all he knows you screwed up the installation and borked both his part and your bike.

I don't like Amazon and will do business anywhere else if I can, but in all fairness any returns I've had to do have been
    absolutely painless. Including a smoker that was bent up when I received it. I stated the problem, they responded within
    15 minutes with an apology and a shipping label to return it on their dime. They even had the UPS guy come by the next
    day to pick up the, rather large, package. The other problem I had was resolved in a very similar manner.

I prefer Ebay, but sometimes Amazon is the cheapest.

FWIW I installed a bicycle computer for my speedometer when I changed my rear sprocket to a 45 tooth, Works great and
    only cost me $20. KISS.

4. REVTMOLO

REVTMOLO New Member

United States
    Map
    Well, I'm going to give points back to Podium. They responded quickly to my issue and got me in touch with Blue Monkey Motorsports who is the North American importers for HealTech. Blue Monkey has already sent out a replacement unit with a pre-paid return label included.

I also picked up a speedo sensor to see if that fixes the speedo. I think I got too aggressive with the unit and may have pulled a wire loose or possibly broke it. The part was cheap. Worst case scenario I've got an extra on hand.

5. FJ12rydertoo

FJ12rydertoo Member

United States
    Map
    Good to hear, hopefully the new one works for you.