So Cal Veefers?

Discussion in 'USA - West' started by rshimmel, Mar 12, 2003.

1. rshimmel

rshimmel New Member

I know Pete and his compadres are out there...anyone else in the SoCal area? Two weeks ago I saw no less than three red 02 or 03 vfrs go past my office in Camarillo on the 101, one with hard bags aboard. I live in Ventura, work in Camarillo, ride all over the area... 8)

2. Rumblefish

Rumblefish New Member

Map
    Yep,
    I'm one :) Live near Griffith Park. I usually ride up Angeles Crest (hang at Newcomb's Ranch for a bit) and surrounding area, as well as Santa Monica Mtns...Piuma, Stunt, Latigo, etc.

See ya out there;)

3. rshimmel

rshimmel New Member

You and your buddies given any thought to going to Laguna Seca for AMA Superbike this year? It's July 10-13...I'm going up Friday the 11th with a friend and his son, coming back Sunday afternoon. Never been for the race before but I've seen the pics and my buddy has been more than once..says it's well worth the trip--for the racing and the whole spectacle. If other Cal vfrs are going we could try to hook up for a group shot (or shots, if you know what I mean) or something. Ride safe--Rick 8)

4. Rumblefish

Rumblefish New Member

Map
    I have indeed. I may trek up there with a few others. We would ride up Friday as well. At this point it's not "locked in" but I'd sure like to go and I know it's gonna be a BLAST.
    I was at the races at Fontana a couple of weeks ago.
    We'll keep in touch here and see how it plays out.

c-ya,
    RF

5. RedRocket800

RedRocket800 New Member

I am in Orange County, but end up in the Santa Monica Mtns once, or twice a month.
    Otherwise, San Diego cty, and Ortega hwy.
    I have an '02

6. Rumblefish

Rumblefish New Member

Map
    Hey RR,
    I've been down that way before. Rode up Palomar Mtn...WOW! talk about your "twisties" very demanding run, but a great ride and very cool area. It's just a bit of a haul for me on the weekend.

RF

7. Guest

Guest Guest

I live in Simi Valley and ride to work in Canoga Park.I spend the weekends on every road from the 101 to the beach and topanga to las posas.I will going to laguna seca this year,hope to see some of you out there!!Ride Safe.

8. rshimmel

rshimmel New Member

Steve- I'll be at Laguna Seca too. Look for the red vfr ;)
    I'm looking forward to it... ride safe

9. Rumblefish

Rumblefish New Member

Map
    My group is leaving for Laguna Thur. early AM....returning Mon. AM

Have a safe trip everyone...it's gonna be a HOOT! ;D

RF

10. vesper

vesper New Member

Map
    I'm in Pasadena. Maybe we should make an email yahoo group or club for so cal VFR riders??

Thomas

93 VFR750F

11. bikermick

bikermick New Member

Yo fellow Veefers!

I have a 95 VFR (Red of course!) live in Camarillo and work in Oxnard.

I know there is at least one other red VFR here in Camarillo as I have seen it regularly on my way to work.

Did the Laguna Seca Superbike trip for the third time this year. Bitchin ride, bitchin place, bitchin racing... need I say more.

Do you know that next year Laguna is hosting the MOTO GP? Dates are July 8th through 10th.

This is going to be HUGE. Can't wait to see the likes of Rossi and Gibernau tackle the corkscrew, and whether Colin, Nicky, Kenny and co. can show them the way home!

I have already booked my tickets and hotel. If you want to go suggest you book now as when I booked many of the hotels were already full and they have hiked up their rates at least 50% for this weekend.

Hope to see you out on the road.

Ride safe.

Mick

12. Guest

Guest Guest

I would really like to get a club or group going for soCal VFR riders. It's cool to have rallies and such with all the same bikes. A Yahoo Group maybe?

I'm in Anaheim but I go to Ventura, Oxnard, Angeles Crest, Santa monica Mountains, etc etc.

Thomas

1993 VFR750F

13. bikermick

bikermick New Member

Oliver,

I would be interested in both a club or a group. I agree it is cool to hang out with a bunch of like minded folk. It not only provides a good excuse to get out and ride but an opportunity to exchange ideas and experiences with bike mods, after market goodies etc...

Are there any other interested Veefers out there?

Ride safe,

Mick

14. Guest

Guest Guest

I have a yahoo group called SCWR (southern california weekday riders) we could start there, then make a more specific VFR group, if you like. Here is the URL.

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/scwr/

15. ken

ken New Member

.I'm new to this group . I like touring both mountains and coast. Also new to the vfr although I've had lots of bikes and am allways up for weekend rides.

Ken

16. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi,
    I'm new to this site. A VFR club, group, etc. sounds good to me. I'm in Santa Clarita. The local canyons, as well as angeles crest, angeles forest, tajunga, the malibu area, and north up to santa barbara. God... it's all great riding. I'm 53, and I'm 2 years into a mid-life crisis, which was 1st delt with by a new shadow spirit 750, and then a 99 VFR. Life is good, and I'm always looking for others to ride with.
    Brett

17. simple_guy

simple_guy New Member

Hey Brett,
    I plan on riding this saturday. Game? PM me.

jim

18. BKTOBK3233

BKTOBK3233 New Member

Map
    '05 Red in Oxnard. First VFR was a '98 and loved it so I got another one. Riding tomarrow to Angeles Crest with some friends. Always like to ride with more great guys and learning something new along the way is a plus.

Planning a run to Laguna that Friday am as well. If someone is riding solo, you can alway join up with us.

Take care. Rubber Side Down.

19. Guest

Guest Guest

I have a 99 Red VFR love it. Ride it to work everyday from La Puente, CA to Newport Beach, CA. Except when it rains to dangerous for me. Try to ride every Saturday morning early in the Azusa Canyons before all the cars get there. ;D

20. Guest

Guest Guest

Any of you guys or gals heading up to Laguna this weekend?

I am riding up solo on Friday. Planning to do the PCH route.

Look out for me I'm the one on the red VFR (Tee-Hee! Is there any other color?) Mine's a '95 model so I'll be a little slower than the rest of you.

Have fun and ride safe