Sigma Cycle Lowering Kit For A 5Th Gen?

Discussion in '5th Generation 1998-2001' started by WGREGT, Jun 19, 2013.

1. WGREGT

WGREGT New Member

United States
    Hey guys...got a question for you.

My recent 6th gen purchase came with a Sigma Cycles Lowering link kit. Dogbone, fork spacers, and shortened kickstand. When I looked online @ the Sigma site, they listed this kit @ $400 and said it fit all VFRs from 94-09.

I sold it to a guy with a 5th gen, and heard today that the short kickstand won't work b/c the kill switch mounts on the opposite side. I asked for some fotos, so I really don't know what the difference is between his 5th gen kill switch and my 6th gen kill switch. Maybe you 5th gen guys can help?

Oh..also if you have one of these Sigma kits or know anything about them, I'd love to hear as well. The Sigma site has been down for 2-3 months now, so I assume they are no longer in bid-ness maybe? Anyone live near them and can verify? Not sure what city they were in though... I'm hoping someone had/has one and maybe has an instruction sheet or PDF still laying around? Right now, never having used/installed this, I am...stumped as to why it won't work on a 5th gen like their site said it would.

2. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member