Showroom 2008 w/488 Miles Follows Me Home! (w/Pics)

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by ridnout, Apr 13, 2020.

1. ridnout

ridnout New Member

United States
    As the title indicates...

Garage queen for real. Something to use sparingly while performing maintenance on '04. No nicks, scratches, dents, rust, nadda. Well, the windscreen. Other than that mint. The title indicates May '09, as the owner says he bought it off the showroom floor as Honda's Technological Statement Bike. Back pain did not prevent the original owner from purchasing the bike anyway. After the first ride, three months of pain; repeat; repeat again; perform maintenance at dealership (overfilled oil); leave in heated garage to collect dust; attempt sale at blue book; attempt sale on eBay, MINE!

I've provided some pics; anyway, the pictures of the first washing did not do justice compared to the subsequent cleaning. Already have a Staintune ready to go for her. Will be leaving her stock other than that or later what is necessary for a Power Commander ('99 exhaust, o2 Sensor eliminators...).

Here are the pics...

One Ida 31 likes this.
  2. Allyance

Allyance Insider

United States
    Map
    Looks like my old 2003, very nice, like getting a new bike!

3. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    Where did you find a pair of Staintunes for a 6th gen? I did not know they were available anymore. Nice find though. Did you get it for a great price?

4. ridnout

ridnout New Member

United States
    Yup, the '03 colorway is similar to the '08. Aren't your wheels black along with other subtle colorway differences. I believe the '08 is gray (grey); whereas, the '03, unsure, silver. So many subtle changes. Take the heat shields for instance. On '04, they are polished; whereas on the '08, satin finished. That is a detail I missed. Even the wheel color as compared to the '04 is darker.

On my '99, I cannot keep rocking those black rims. To me, polished looks about right, so much so, I want the newly acquired 8-spoke to be polished as well removing what looks like a somewhat fresh powdercoat.

Hmmm, what really gets me is that this ash colored steed has gotten so many more compliments in this short time than the awesomest (really most awesome) Italial Red.

Now a metallic black with a black frame, yes sir Boss. Oh yeah, let's not forget the '06 in Pearl White with the burgundy (?) wings. That bike is just insanely gorgeous; I'd just stare.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
  5. ridnout

ridnout New Member

United States
    I have to get everything at a great price. The Staintune example without the baffles and needing a twenty dollar TIG job on the mid-pipe to secure the mount left me short south of $200USD.

Check completed listings, and you will see as many have said, the seller gave me that bike.

A new Penske double clicker was $399.

I check every day, ten or more times for the stuff I want on eBay. Sometimes taking years, I persevere.

Don't get flustered folks. But I've also a Full Erion Exhaust. Now that was expensive for me and will need some TLC.

You won't believe the stuff packed away ready for installation or the right trade. My '99 with 17,000 miles on the clock has a companion engine I think I paid with freight like $120. The sale was only supposed to be $80, but I had to wrestle it away from the seller. It too only has 17k miles.

Throttle body assemblies along with air-boxes and injectors, '99 harness were all super cheap. When I moved, I threw so much choice stuff away because of haste.

Man, my Pipercross filters were only $25 a piece. You will not believe what came as stem junk listing! With the junk, the LSL kit minus handlebars (ST5) was like $22 delivered Priority.

Ohlins 929 shock with remote preload needing servicing (recharge and cable due to poor packaging), $150 but with custom VFR mounting bracket already attached.

Believe me, I am going to start listing here and on eBay in a little bit. I want a dedicated track bike, something I can learn on like a 300 to 500 only to upgrade later to something like a 929 or maybe 600/636.

Keep watch. I will let the gang know through the classifieds when all goes down.