Shipping a bike

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by GeorgiaRider, May 29, 2008.

1. GeorgiaRider

GeorgiaRider New Member

Question for the gurus! :smile:

I've got a line on a 2nd gen (cheap, cheap, cheap......free) that needs to be restored. Problem is, it's in Los Angeles. I'm in Georgia.

What type of shipping company would any of you recommend. Any experiences, and approx. costs?

No, Stuka....you can't have it, and you can't ride it cross-country! :rolleyes:

2. dskelton

dskelton New Member

Did this once with an ATV, Boston to LA. Don't remember the name of the company, but I can probably find it if needed. They provided the container, you went to their dock and loaded the bike, and the recipient unloads it at the other end. This was about 4 years ago and then is was around $400.

3. derstuka

derstuka Lord of the Wankers Staff Member

Map

I was going to recommend the services of Joey_Dude. He'll have it from LA to Georgia in no time! After all, he is a professional po-po runner! Please contact Joey for quotes, and please note the disclaimer that your bike may not arrive in the same condition as purchased, but it will arrive in some condition.

:mod::2guns: :vtr2:

My brother was going to use these guys last year, but never did.

Motorcycle Shipping Pricing, Motorcycle Trucking, Motorcycle Moving Service, ship a motorcycle
    Seems quite a bit pricier now with the cost of fuel going thru the roof. From Zone 1 (LA) to Zone 4 (Georgia) would be $798.00. YOWZER!!!

I think he looked at this one as well.
    How to ship your motorcycle with a motorcycle shipping company
    You have to contact them for an online quote.

4. DVMSVFR

DVMSVFR New Member

United States
    Map
    I just went through this process having a 5th gen shipped to me from Tampa, Fl to Waynesville, NC a few months ago. There are about 5 true motorcycle shippers and there prices vary considerably. The problem with most is they give you a "window" of pick up and delivery. I ended up paying a little extra and receive the bike in 4 days. Most companies were quoting 10 - 18 days. PM if you are interested in the actual companies. I paid about $630