Sena 20S Evo and Google Maps Handsfree Commands Tip

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by supecoop, Mar 2, 2022.

1. supecoop

supecoop New Member

United States
    I hope this helps those of us who don't use a handlebar mounted phone.
    I use a Sena 20S EVO headset, and I often use Google Maps for directions with my Android phone in my pocket or tank bag. Since I can't see or use the phone screen I've searched for a way to be truly hands-free and get voice directions without stopping. There are a lot of instructional websites on how to access Google Maps via your Sena headset (JP Cycles for example) but they all skip one critical step. After you ask Google to "Navigate" to a particular destination via your mic, the app will stop and wait for you to press the on-screen Start button before starting the verbal directions. The voice command to start the verbal directions is "OK Google (or Hey Google), What's My Next Step." For this to work you first may need to activate the "Continued Conversation" setting in the Google Assistant app. After that, you can get your voice directions simply by pressing the Sena phone button, asking Google to Navigate to your destination and then asking for the next step. If anyone has any other tips on handsfree maps use, please post them.

NOTE: If would be easier if Google Maps could be set to simply start voice directions immediately after finding the route, but I have not been able to find a setting to enable that function.

zombie likes this.