Sedici Hotwired Heated Gear Impressions

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by V4toTour, Oct 18, 2014.

1. V4toTour

V4toTour New Member

United States
    Looking for some reasonably priced heated gear, found cycle gear's other in house brand Sedici. Picked up the jacket liner, and gloves. They also sell a heated glove liner, pants, and boot inserts.

Riding today in the high 50's gloves were super toasty on lowest setting. Each has it's own temp control, incase 1 hand was colder than the other? But anyway, the jacket doesn't come with the controller, it's seperate but right now if you buy the liner you'll get the controller for free.

Wiring instructions are pretty much non existant, but basically on the jacket you'll find a plastic block with a jumper wire. Remove the jumper and install controller there. Next to that is a zipper containing a plug lead. That gets hooked to the lead from the bike battery. Another plus with the jacket liner is it's prewired for the gloves, so you don't need to use the included Y with the gloves and run another lead from the battery. Near each cuff there is a small compartment containing a lead for each glove. Overall the setup is pretty clean.

The jacket liner works well from what I could gather, had it set mid setting and was plenty warm. Even though I didn't really have an insulating layer over it. Just the outer shell of my touring jacket. Couple elements down the arms, one in the collar, back and front. My one complant would be the jacket controller. It gets plugged in near your left hip with just enough cord to kind of poke out from under your jacket. So to adjust while riding you'll be taking your eyes off the road for a bit. Seems some folks have found a way to integrate the control onto the actual bike and runs some additional wire. Yeah, don't really feel like doing that.

Overall I'd highly recommend it. Looks like it comes with at least a 1 year warranty.

2. jev.

jev. over there

United States
    Thanks for the review. Been looking into these and have wondered how good they work.