SE OH or NW PA ride this Labor Day weekend?

Discussion in 'USA - Central' started by TimRav, Aug 31, 2010.

1. TimRav

TimRav New Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking to do a 1-day ride this holiday weekend. Probably either to the twisties of SE Ohio or the scenery of NW Pennsylvania (likely Presque Isle State Park in Erie).

Weather looks good the whole weekend. Anyone interested in doing either ride?

2. TimRav

TimRav New Member

Folks...

At this point it's looking like Sunday in SE Ohio.

3. Fazer1Sniper

Fazer1Sniper New Member

OH RT 164 is a decent road, some better but shorter

4. TimRav

TimRav New Member

Yep, that's actually my favorite road nearest home. I usually take 77S to 212E to get to 164. Great road IMO.

The plan for tomorrow is to meet at Bob Evans restaurant on the south edge of Wooster, OH, around 9 am Sunday morning. The address is 550 Robinson Road, just off Ohio Route 30 and US 250.

Not sure of our route, but I'm expecting a mix of sportbikes and cruisers, so we may split up a little to allow some riders to go a little faster. I think we'll have at least 6 riders.

BTW, I'm not leading this ride. Instead I'm just part of the group this time.

5. Fazer1Sniper

Fazer1Sniper New Member

If I can drag Kris out of bed we may take it north to south. Will keep an eye out for a red gen 6.

6. TimRav

TimRav New Member

Ride report:

Another great ride yesterday! Bob Evans in Wooster, OH, was our meeting spot. 10 bikes with 11 riders in all...2 VFRs, 2 Harleys, SV650, Z1000, Tiger, V-Max, M109 and a Blackbird. Our destination was Riverside Restaurant in Powhatan Point for a late lunch on the river.

We had a good ride with perfect weather - tho it was a little cold in the morning - hitting some moderately twisty roads - Ohio Routes 83, 60 were OK, but 148 was a real treat. After lunch the group split up and I took Route 7 south to 556W, a very good twisty road, then 145N to another run on 148 before doubling back to 9N toward home. All told for me, a couple tanks of fuel, 400 miles and a tasty patty melt on the river!

Here's a pick of the bikes...
    [​IMG]

...and one of Duncan Falls. Look closely and you'll see the hull of a houseboat we were told came untied upriver awhile back, and went over the falls. I guess they're waiting for a higher water level to fish it out. There's an old lock on the other side of the river.
    [​IMG]