Scorpion can and new Dynojet kit

Discussion in '3rd & 4th Generation 1990-1997' started by scottbott, Jul 5, 2018.

1. scottbott

scottbott Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    I fitted a Scorpion cana couple of months ago and thought that it would be a good idea to get the bike 'checked out' properly so I booked the bike in at Chris Walker's in Grantham, I actually had Chris serve me and said a Dynojet kit and a session on their dyno should sort things out so I have just picked the bike up after the work was done.The power has gone up from 89.62 hp to 92.50 now and he mechanic that worked on it said that his heart dropped when he fond out that he would be doing a VFR but mine was 'an absolute minter' and great to work on and that the fuelling is now 'unbelievably good', 'you want to see what ZX10's are like' he said 'all over the place' so I am a happy chappy and will take the bike out tonight to the Boston bike night with my next door neighbour on his bike

2. JIMLARCH

JIMLARCH New Member

Canada
    Map
    I bought a 3rd gen. a number of years ago which had a Hindle and dynojet kit on it. I found it ran well but the motor felt slow. My 4th gen. in stock form is much faster than my 3rd gen. I'll be interested to know if you feel much of a difference now that it's jetted.

3. scottbott

scottbott Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    the trouble is that the roads are pretty twisty and hilly around where I live and with my lack of experience I may get myself in trouble if I try and open it up too much at the moment, there are worse problems to have I suppose,I may see about getting some additional lessons or an improvement course then I may be able to appreciate the bike more fully