SCORE! 4:1 exhaust for me! and a projector headlight project in the works.

Discussion in '1st & 2nd Generation 1983-1989' started by bobthebiker, May 21, 2011.

1. bobthebiker

bobthebiker New Member

alright, well, this wasnt built for a VF 700 F, but it was on a V45 sabre, its pretty much a full system utilizing the stock rear header pipes, and its own front ones.

now, I'm not super certain what brand the system even IS, I think its a Mac, but cant be 100%, since I cant find any markings. its not bad though.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm also playing with a projector I want to make into a headlight all its own, ideally two so I have hi/lo beam, and can utilize HID lighting properly. this is a rough mockup so far, maybe if I can do an over/under, I'll go for it, or side by side. I'm undecided yet.

[​IMG]

so tell me what you guys think. and yes iknow my signals are kinda funny lookin.

2. crustyrider

crustyrider New Member

Map
    rock on with your bad self.......good luck on the build and keep pictures coming in...

3. hopit88

hopit88 New Member

United States
    Unfortunately, that header won't fit your F as it is now. The Saber and Magna's front cylinders are tilted downward, quite a bit more than the F's. This means that the front pipes on the header are too short too reach the heads. You could. however, fab up some extensions to solve that. The only other thing that concerns me is the rear bends. I've seen quite a few headers for the F's and they all have a tight radius for the rear pipes before the collector. These look rather long. I'm thinking the Magna's/Saber's have an entirely different oil pan setup to allow these to be longer. You might be porked on this one. Hopefully someone can confirm.

4. bobthebiker

bobthebiker New Member

D'OH! oh well, worst come to worst, its a solid beginning and I can have a welding shop extend the pipes, and/or create a similar arrangement accordingly.