Sargent seat options.

Discussion in '5th Generation 1998-2001' started by V4toTour, Oct 1, 2014.

1. V4toTour

V4toTour New Member

United States
    Corbin seat on my 99 is junk. Swear the stock seat on my 2nd gen was more comfortable. I'll need to upgrade anyway because the givi racks wont work with the corbin tail.

Looking at Sargent's website, see numerous options. Besides color, what material/insert is the recommended combo?

2. Y2Kviffer

Y2Kviffer Insider

United States
    Map
    I would order this one .... WS-507-11 ... I have the same one except mine is yellow where this is red. It's a GREAT seat!!!!

FYI... you may contact Sargent and ask if they will discount for a group buy, and how many would need to buy in. Tell them you are a member here. If they will discount, make a post and keep a running tally in the post. I bought mine here years ago that way...

3. marriedman

marriedman New Member

United States
    Map
    I had a Corbin on my '99 as well. The first long distance trip I went on, my backside hurt like hell! I traded a forum member for a Sargent. Man that was a great seat! I rode 400 mile days all the time with it. As far as I know, it was just the standard Sargent with red welts.

4. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    I have a Sargent on my 5th gen that has more than 60000 miles on it and it still seems pretty good to me.

5. V4toTour

V4toTour New Member

United States
    Cool. I was looking at that one. Sounds good. I have a airhawk pad to throw on the corbin until the sargent arrives. Lower back pain with the corbin, funny all my other bikes with stock seats never had that problem.

6. Maggot

Maggot New Member

United States
    Map
    How do you like the Airhawk? I was thinking on adding one to my Sargent.

7. V4toTour

V4toTour New Member

United States
    Looks goofy as hell but works amazing.

8. viffviff

viffviff New Member

Sweden
    Map
    I'd agree. Got that same seat for my '99 VFR (profile pic is from before I got the Sargent). The stock seat would give me problems after about 50 mins on the bike. I don't even notice the Sagent after a couple of hours... that's the most I've done on it so far. I find the 2-piece seat useful getting to the storage area much easier than removing the whole seat. I needed to trim away some of the excess plastic moulded around the seat locking tab though when I first got it - it's pretty obvious when you get the seat where the excess moulding is - and it's not a difficult fix - just a bit of time and a file or craft knife. The other advice I was given is that some people don't get on with the red 'beading' trim - I hear it rubs some people on their legs. Never been a problem for me in leathers, or thick textiles, but if you ride often in thin kevlar jeans (or shorts! :eek-new:), then it might be an issue. Good luck with chosing. I think anything else is pretty much better than stock!

I think Sargent do a discount for Military personnel if you buy direct from them - it might not be much but worth a few $$ if you're eligible..

9. V4toTour

V4toTour New Member

United States
    I actually canceled my order. Would probably end up using the airhawk or freedom air anyway. Ordered a OEM seat off ebay. Put that cash towards a mosfet R/R, and givi luggage.

10. ridervfr

ridervfr Member

Belgium
    Map
    20140801_112648.jpg

Super nice company, well run, great product! btw this was a seat cover not an entire seat.