San Diego Ride 9-20-09 (with mishap)

Discussion in 'USA - West' started by derstuka, Sep 20, 2008.

1. derstuka

derstuka Lord of the Wankers Staff Member

Map
    Well, cap'n Long (scubalong), the prince of the poseurs West(viff & his girl) went for a morning stroll today in east San Diego County. It was a great ride, most all of the way....but unfortunately, we had a little mishap before the ride was over. I will tell more once the rider gives me the ok, I will post more info and pictures. Just know that all of us are ok. Nobody got seriously hurt...just some bruises and scratches. Let's just say it was a grrrrrrrrrrrrrreat day....but in the end, it was a long and hot day!

Here are some photos to take a gander at.

Meetin' time...Westley showing off his new whip to Long. West's girl Amanda to the side.

[​IMG]

West and the old lady rollin' it.

[​IMG]

I stopped at this spot to give West some fond memories of the Radian's journeys....hahaha

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Boys rollin' behind me....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stopped at a nice viewpoint that I like to stop at sometimes. Windy as all hell (it always is), but the views are great! It is where the SD mtns green stops, and desert starts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The lovebirds... :love: Alright....keep it legal, this is a family show!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh shit....somebody grab the cap'n! He is being blown over.....or does HE believe HE can FLY??? :flypig:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

West's new whip.....damn...that thing sure doesn't look like a viffer...what is this boy trying to pull on us???

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The old girls all lined up....:vanity:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Too be continued.....maybe......

[​IMG]

Ok, I got the ok from the boss. Long is ok. He had a little mishap and lowsided on a tight corner. Looks to be like he might have hit a rock or some scree in the road. I don't have a picture of it, but it STUFFED his bike underneath the guardrail. It was a bitch to get out....took quite a while, and a lot of grunting and busting of plastic on the way out. It was literally wedged underneath there quite nicely. :ballchain: I am just hella glad that I didn't have to pull Long out of the VFR's :ass:....that would be one hell of an enema! We are lucky that he did not hit the guardrail or fly over the cliff either....that would have been ugly. Here are the pics....

This is after we got the bike out from under the guardrail. The bike is totaled. The impact actually bent the slider tubes, and SNAPPED one of them completely off.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have one thing to say about AAA....they SUCK DOG BALLS! Very bad experience with them today. After getting nowhere with them (I have motorcycle towing) after 3 hours, we got a friend to bring his truck and load it in the back. It was a bitch, because the front forks were bent and broken so bad, that it would not roll straight. I had to kick the front tire hard from laying on the ground, and bend it straight. roll, it, then kick it over again about every 2 feet. The tranny was kinda jammed, and we could not get it in neutral either, and to pull in the bent clutch lever as good as we could. It was FUN FUN FUN getting it into the F150 like that....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

See what I mean....fork is snapped off, and spring is showing....well, at least it is a hell of a lot easier to change his fork oil now!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please do give your heart felt condolences to senor Long, his baby died today, and he is pretty sad about it. I am just glad the cap'n came out with only some scratches and bruises. Long's silver beast will probably never ride again with him, but at least the cap'n will! Oh, and some good news.....his BRAND NEW Sargent seat is totally unharmed!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2008
  2. drewl

drewl Insider

United States
    Map
    His name is Viff and he buys a Yamaha? Looks like you guys had a nice ride(aside from the scratches in the pavement).

Long, I am glad I got to meet her before her untimely passing. Get her replaced quickly.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2008
  3. Joey_Dude

Joey_Dude Member

United States
    Map
    So I guess that gigolo gig paid off huh Viff?

4. FrankoQ

FrankoQ New Member

Nice pics... hope all are ok.

5. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    LOL yea well Hmm I see a few skid marks in that last photo making me go Hmm is this the corner all the fun happened at? Yea great to see some other folks besides us up here in the PNW do get out and ride :wink: Yea whats the deal letting a Yami in on the fun? :bootyshake2:

6. Fizz

Fizz New Member

Map
    That was a fun ride, Amanda enjoyed herself.

The FZ1 is amazing at 2up! I stayed in 4th the whole time, nothing but roll on power from 20-70.

7. Fizz

Fizz New Member

Map
    HEY! Don't be hating on my FZ1! She's a damn fine rider.

8. derstuka

Map
    Updated with pics....... :pout:

Glad you both had a good time. It was a great ride, up until the accident.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2008
  9. Joey_Dude

Joey_Dude Member

United States
    Map
    Man that freaking sucks Captain Long! It's gonna be cliche but at least you are alive to bitch about it!! In the pictures I can see it's over a cliff. You could have literally been doing a Captain Long impression flying over the cliff or even worse getting wedged in the guard rails.

:rip: the silver stallion.

10. FrankoQ

FrankoQ New Member

So sorry Capt. Long.
    Glad you are ok. That is more important.
    On the bright side... This happened just on time for the mysterious new 09 model.

is it really totaled? No chance on resurrecting that silver baby?

11. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    Thanks every one for your concern

Well at Jason already told the story, I thought I would but in some words.
    As last minute of our ride, Come to a turn just like every other. Half way in the turn feel the front wheel hitting some thing:unsure:My girl dance from side to side violenly. I try to calm her down, Kick to the right and left try to save her..................But at the end I gave up she skit herself in between the guard rail and the road:soapbox::soapbox: It is a bitch to pill her off:chairshot: As the result of the mishalf, Jackie end up with some scratchs and bruises on the other foot. We took her home to my Bro. house and put a planket over her so his wife won't see her:vanity: Went home call the insurance and hope they can safe her, She been so good to me until yesterday:sick::angel: Now staring at the empty spot in the garage where see had been stay for the last two years I feel lonely and sad. I am so lost without her. She may be gone but she is aways in my heart:amen:
    Well the damaged has been done now is time for me to move on which is :peep:shopping for another :sportbikesmile:VFR. If any of you know where is a silver one please point this way. Thanks again for all your support, Special thanks to my good friend Jason for being ther and help to the end of her journey.

12. derstuka

Map
    Sorry boss....this is a tough time I know. I sent you some PM's with info about bikes for sale. Check it out when you get a chance. You WILL ride again!

:vtr2:

13. whenindoubt01

whenindoubt01 New Member

I feel for you Scubalong, I'm just glad to know you walked away. Best of luck finding another VFR.

14. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    LOL, No hating at all, poking fun Yes! I have a few friends I ride with that have other bikes too so know what's going on, just couldn't resit saying something :wink:

Man Oh man Mr. Long you had an angel with you I say, yes sad that you lost your bike, but that's easily replaced, you on the other hand not so, good to hear you're not the worse of it. So hard to put things in perspective when something like this happens, I feel for ya, you're ok the bikes a mess you feel like shit then to add what you went through to get the bike up and out only adds more to it. aren't folks like Jason great? good job Jason. like I said good to know you're ok. Look at it this way, Now you'll be ready for the 7th gen right? :wink:

15. Buckwheat

Buckwheat New Member

So sorry to hear the bad news Scuba but very glad to hear you're OK. I hate to lose those silver viffers as much as you do.

Hopefully the insurance company will do their job admirably and not create any headaches for you.

I couldn't help but put myself in your shoes to ask myself what I would do afterward. I think I'd probably pick up a RWB '07. I do like the silver color quite a bit but those RWB's are especially sharp.

It is unfortunate that this happened to you Scuba but it serves as a great reminder to the rest of us that we can never be too careful.

Hope you heal up quickly!

16. Maliboost

Maliboost New Member

WOW............. I read the title & thought........ SHOOT, I missed another ride, but sounds like I missed a lot more than that. Im REAL sorry to hear about the misfortune. that REALLY sucks. its one thing to drop the bike, but for it to be totaled really sucks. the bright side, is that you did not get seriously hurt. glad to hear that!!!!

take care guys
    Bob

17. Maliboost

Maliboost New Member

X2 that buckwheat said about the insurance company. hopefully they will do the right thing in a timely manner.

Bob

18. SilverSurferRWB

SilverSurferRWB Member

United States
    Map
    MY SILVER BROTHA say it isn't so! :Cry::hurt::Cry: Long, I'm very glad you're ok after the get off and that you'll be able to ride again. Those pictures make me want to cry since your bike looks just like mine. I can only imagine how you feel after having this happen to you but I feel it in my gut for you. I'll be looking for another Silver VFR for so you can stay in the ranks of the 6th Gen Militia - Silver Thunder Wing! You will always be a member in my book no matter what bike you end up with. I also hope the insurance doesn't mess with you so you can get back in the saddle again soon. Get that Sargent seat off the bike before the insurance company comes to take it!

Let me know if you need anything Brotha...

19. Phong[scubalong]nephew

Phong[scubalong]nephew New Member

I told my uncle if he gets bored or lonely he can ride my GSXR. YES I SAID GSXR :tongue2: Dont be hating if he decides to take it out and run with your interceptors.

20. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    Thanks little Nephew

The only way for me to ride that GSXR is riding with a mask on:pound::laugh::rofl::sportbikesmile: