Sad boys

Discussion in 'Racing & Track Days' started by reg71, Jul 23, 2006.

1. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    Well, it's Sunday and every time I've been on the road the last few days, I have seem groups of sportbikes heading north. I wish I had my new tires mounted, I'd at least ride some of the way even if I couldn't watch the race. Next year, I'm there man...:censored:

2. michael

michael Administrator Staff Member

United States
    Map
    Hey Reg, I skipped this year too, just because of a busy summer. But I'm regretting it, and I'm DEFINITELY going next year. Let's meet up!

3. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    I would say I'm about 90% sure to go next year. I have plenty of time to plan it. I'm owndering if it's as hot up there as it is here. It's 112 here and there is a hot breeze blowing nonstop. It would be shitty to try and race in this weather. I figure it's at least a little cooler there. Anyway, back to next year...maybe we can get a big group together from the board or something. That'd be pretty cool. Oh, and I'm hoping to be up in your area next month on the bike so maybe we can 'do lunch' or something. :) Have you been to that bar in downtown SF that has all the classic bikes?

4. michael

michael Administrator Staff Member

United States
    Map
    Nope, what bar is that? One place where bikes hang out in this area is called Alices. It's a small restaurant in the mountains at an intersection of some crazy fun twisties. That definitely needs to be on your list when you make it up here.

In terms of temperature at Laguna, I guarantee it was record hot. Usually it's a little chilly in the morning because it's overcast due to being near the ocean, and then it gets hot (90ish) in the afternoon. This weekend, it must have been hell, especially with those crowds.

I usually spend Laguna with the BAVFR group, so we'll definitely have a big group - hopefully a bunch from VFRworld as well!

My one piece of advice - book your room NOW! They may already be sold out, I'm afraid.

5. Kevin_70

Kevin_70 New Member

Couple of my co-workers made it to Laguna this past weekend, they said it was just silly hot. 105 in the stands and they announced it was 146(!!!) on the race track - yikes!!!
    $4 for a water there, someone made a lot money.

6. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    I know about Alice's but not how to get there. The place I'm talking about though is down in the financial district I believe. The guy has Harleys, Indians, a Wizzer or Whizzer, and many more. He even has a couple Tiffany lamps that are worth insane amounts of money. It's a small bar on the corner that I wandered up to one time when I was just walking around.

Ok, I'll try and book it asap... I'd hate to do the campground in this weather! Oh well, if I have to, I can book a room down the coast and take the hour ride up PCH before the race. It's be awful to have to ride those twisties repeatedly. ;)

7. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    Man that sounds insane. Can you imagine full leathers in those temps! ouch!