RSV4 review busts on VFR alum and gear drivin cams..hypocrites at best!

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by havcar, Jun 10, 2010.

1. havcar

havcar New Member

Map
    While I desire the RSV4, this particular reviewer has lost it. He some how manages to want for an all gear driven set-up for the RSV4 while simultaneously bashing Viffers for admiring such things. Comments are also made about the sounds a V4 produces and that they are sounds that only a VFR owners mother would love (whining is mentioned). Read for yourselves and keep in mind that this was posted on a ZX-14 thread.

http://www.bikeland.org/board/viewthread.php?FID=27&TID=53390

2. rufrydrsc2

rufrydrsc2 New Member

Map
    Honestly I agree with some of his first statements. People on VFR boards have been hoping that the 7th gen was a back to basics hardcore bike, and then have been singing the Armageddon of the VFR line when the new 1200 showed up. This guy is criticizing the fact that the VFR community can't seem to come to terms with the direction that Honda has taken the VFR, not the gear driven cams. Honestly it's down to get over it or move to something different and that's what this guy said, now you have another V4 bike to move to if it's a supersport you want. He didn't bash the exhaust note, he just said it's the same note that VFR people go crazy over just louder. This guy's saying what I've been saying all along, stop whining and either enjoy your bike or get a different one. It's sad that all the pissing and moaning that came off here and other VFR forums has reached other forums and made us all a laughing stock. Never once did he dog out the VFR, in fact he called the 1200 brilliant, he criticized the owners. The VFR is a compromised bike, it isn't what people on sites have been asking for, it is a technological showcase, all of these things are correct. I still love mine because it's exactly what I wanted, that's why I bought it. I didn't buy one and expect that since Honda got my 12 large I now had a voice that they needed to listen to on the next generation. They never released the color scheme that I wanted here in the US, so did I e-mail Honda and tell them that they needed to do so and then come on here and piss and moan because they didn't do so? NO, I painted it myself. Many others take this approach and fix what they don't like. Others just feel content to complain. This article is amusing and should bite some owners right in the butt. Use it as a wake up call and stop all the whining!

3. jev.

jev. over there

United States
    All bike owners whine about their particular bike and what the next generation should or should not be. That's gonna happen when you're passionate about something. I personally dig the new VFR and if I had the spare cash lying about, I'd have one. Remember, Honda has stated that the VFR1200 is the first in a new line of v4 powered bikes and I hope to see some exciting things coming in the future.

4. woody77

woody77 New Member

United States
    Map
    I fixed it (from experience on many forums). This review lines up nicely with the BMW S1000RR vs. RSV4 review MCN did in their last issue. Honda should be very worried about BMW. The RSV4 was reviewed as being a consumate track bike, but totally unforgiving in it's ergonomics. It's the hard-core bike that the early gens seem to have been (I have no perspecive on it, but view my 500+lb bike as a SPORT-tourer due to weight alone, even if it is much fun in the corners. The S1000RR was reviewed as being top-notch in fit and finish (like the 1200 VFR) but also a rocket and a very civilized, high-potential sport bike. This seems like the exact sort of aim as the VFR.

Instead of a raw, ragged-edge sort of sport bike like the honda race replicas, a smooth, big, high-power sport-bike that eats corners all day long and asks for more. Sounds a lot like a VFR, or the S1000RR. Just one is V4...

5. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    I think that Aprillia is a piece of shit. I mean did you get a look at that really ugly can and that teenyweenietiny tank? I bet those Italian dudes just copied our beloved VFRs, the sneaky bastards.

6. havcar

havcar New Member

Map
    What are doing awake Billy? You may be sort of correct, but the Aprilia produces about 78 more HP than does the 6gen.

7. Badbilly

United States
    Night is the best time for my podcasts to my Nigerian customers who give away all that money. Also the other inmates here are tranked out and the sceaming level is way down. Naaa! The weather here tuned nice and I'm doing a day trip as soon as the sun comes up. 4-500 miles on the new 1200 and I will be checking out a piece of gear for a manufacturer. If you know any closet Italophiles who just have to have that new Aprillia and live anywhere near Seattle, check out Moto-International. Also the best place in the freaking universe for the Moto-Guzzi fans.

8. havcar

havcar New Member

Map
    I've heard that Nigerian prisons can be rough. Even though I've never spent any time in said facility, I would certainly be keeping a close eye on my cornhole. I do however have experience behind Honduran iron. Those fuckers were always trying to figure out a way in which they could get their hands on my Italian machine.

9. Badbilly

United States
    I know from nada about Honduran iron but if you have maybe a diagram of this "inspection" process you mention, that would be interesting. I think an actual photo might be a little out of place though.

10. John451

John451 Member

Australia
    Not related but I was supprised recently after meeting a guy that toured on his RSV4 7000 miles over 5 weekends was even more supprised by his touring buddy on a MVAugusta F4 Tamburini who called the RSVR rider " a bit of a girl " laughingly pointing out he had risers Bars on his Aprilia. :biggrin:

11. havcar

havcar New Member

Map
    As a Honduran doctor and inmate, this is what I came to expect. I know that Billy requested a non-photo reply- in this case I felt a photo was prudent. All apologies to the rest of the board!

[​IMG]

12. havcar

havcar New Member

Map
    Thanks for the words John, I would love to be the girl on a 188 hp machine with raised bars. Augustas are gorgeous, but I wouldn't call them a better bike than the RSV4..Not that you have.

13. Alaskan

Alaskan Member

United States
    Map
    Wotta pic!

EDIT: still laughing . . . .

Last edited: Jun 13, 2010
  14. woody77

woody77 New Member

United States
    Map
    Yeah, but I could have done without ever seeing it... This place is getting as bad as slashdot. Kids these days!! (god, I'm only 32 and feeling like an old man with stuff like this)

15. havcar

havcar New Member

Map
    Oh god, sobriety has kicked in. Now I'm wishing that the pic was never posted. What kind of A-Hole does that?

16. Badbilly

United States

Not to worry. There will be complaints and whining of course but certain members will be turned on. They won't admit it but we know they are out there. LOL

17. woody77

woody77 New Member

United States
    Map
    Internet breathalyzer, always a good idea. You *CAN* edit the image out of the post, you know... If you ACTUALLY feel bad about it. :)