Road Trip - Calais, France to Lucca, Italy

Discussion in 'Europe' started by VFRoooom!!!, Aug 16, 2010.

1. VFRoooom!!!

VFRoooom!!! New Member

Hi All,

My first VFR and first road trip in Europe.

Currently in the UK, taking the Ferry over to Calais then heading down to Lucca in Italy. Planning on taking it easy with 4 or 5 hours in the seat per day over 3 or 4 days ..... have to enjoy the great food, wine & country side :biggrin:

My route in general is Calais -> Reims -> Dijon -> Geneve/Alps -> Genova -> Lucca

Has anyone been this way? Any recommendations on route/roads/accommodation/places of interest worth stopping at? Or anything to stay away from :wink:

I prefer to hit the country bends and avoid motorways.

Also, looking at investing in a double bubble (I am 6'6" and I hoping it will make a big difference) .... does anyone have some feedback on a Zero Gravity or MRA?

If anyone wants to tag along you are more than welcome .... leaving 28 August 2010.

Thanks

2. derstuka

derstuka Lord of the Wankers Staff Member

Map
    This sounds like a great trip. How was it? Any pics or stories to share?? Hope you made it back home safe and sound with a big :smile: on your face!

3. VFRoooom!!!

VFRoooom!!! New Member

Hi, it was awesome .... after a trip like this everything else just pales in comparison ..... finally put up my ride report: Motorcycle Diaries .... last two days are still work in progress - too busy at work at the mo ...

4. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    Been around but by car.............Amazing countryside, great foods and wine.