Road America, Elkhart Lake, WI AMA Doubleheader June 2-3

Discussion in 'Racing & Track Days' started by stoops, May 25, 2012.

1. stoops

stoops New Member

United States
  2. Apittslife

Apittslife New Member

Map
    Bike events there are simply, Insane! :biggrin1:

3. stoops

stoops New Member

United States
    I've been to a bunch of car events, this will be my first bike race though, looking forward to it

4. stoops

stoops New Member

United States
    Races were great lots of great racing and some great bikes came to watch the races too. Weather was beautiful, roads to the track are out of site.

Stoshmonster, is this an homage to your joker bike?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

EBR carbon fiber brake cooling ducts
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

couple spectators doing some laps:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the real guys:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. stoshmonster

stoshmonster New Member

LOL! :lol: Nah.

My buddy Pez and I were at the races on Sunday and saw that bike in the pits too Stoops. I liked it. :thumb:

Didya see the RWB EBR 1190RS over by the Buell Racing tent? The thing is downright purdy! :love:

[​IMG]

Saw this Bimota Tesi 2D a little further up the pit lane. Looks kinda wonky but I'd love to throw a leg over one of these just to see for myself how that steering and front suspension works.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Saw this Neyra Racing rig parked at the back of the pits. This thing is so Badass it hurt just lookin' at it! I bet Simon Barsinister himself drives this thing. :evil:

[​IMG]

Didya see the guy driving up and down the pits in the Scorpion?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Josh Hayes and the Monster Energy babes. I actually got a chance to talk to Josh and get a pic with him. He didn't look so good though,said he was feeling pretty sick. Sure didn't look that way in the race because man he just checked out.

[​IMG]

Was gonna post this pic so everybody here at VFR World could get a feel for just how steep the entry to Turn 5 (a.k.a. the Black Hole) is coming out of the Moraine Sweep. These guys are hard on the brakes coming all the way down that hill before they flick it left and power up the hill toward the Corvette bridge.

This pic is the last lap of the Supersport race and if I would've waited about a second maybe a second and a half longer I would've had the coolest pic. James Rispoli is on the inside on the Green Celtic Racing bike number 1 and right after I snapped this pic he crashed literally right in front of us.
    Look how sideways the guy on the bike all the way to the left in the pic behind the number 85 machine is too. Last lap braking duels at the Black Hole do not get any better than this.

[​IMG]

The corner worker lending a helping hand. The crowd gave Rispoli a rousing ovation when the bike fired and he got going again.

[​IMG]

Coupla Supersport riders celebrating in style with some post race burnouts at the event horizon of the Black Hole. Always a big crowd favorite.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

[​IMG]

6. jethro911

jethro911 Member

United States
    Map
    Dude,
    A long long time ago in a galaxy far away I ws dicing with a dude on a tribal CBR with my 5th gen and I deep braked into the black hole and ran wide as I got in the marbles (bad line). The corner workers crapped their pants as I took the grass and joined the track about a quarter of the way up the hill. I was so intent on the battle that I never even flinched. Crazy what adrenaline will do! I also got ass packed on my Ducati at the top of the hill entering the left hander. here was a slow rider on a 600 who took the line in the wet and I had to hold back behind him as going around the outside in the wet wasn't happening. Fortunately I recovered but the other guy who hit me ate some gravel. Fun times at RA!

God I wish I could have been there this weekend! These pictures bring back so many good memories and them Monster babes.....whew, nuff said.

7. gade-thrasher

gade-thrasher New Member

United States
    I was there at the races on Saturday .... great time and lots to see.

8. stoshmonster

stoshmonster New Member

Good stuff Jethro. :thumbsup:

That's exactly why I sit up on the hill above the Black Hole when I go to watch the races at Road America,it's where ALL the action is.

Tell me about it. :drool:

Here's a pic of some lucky goob hangin' out with Josh Hayes and those Monster Energy babes.

[​IMG]

9. Apittslife

Apittslife New Member

Map
    My two favorite spots to watch racing are Outside of corner 5, so I can See the action comming into 5, & I can watch them go up the hill to corner 6. And I like sitting Up above the Kink and watch them come out of the carrosel & down to canada corner.

10. stoops

stoops New Member

United States
    for the supersport race I was across turn 5 in the shade on the wood planks probably looking at you the whole race stosh lol

this many people there we could have all met up, swapped some war stories, you guys should have posted :tsk:

did yo see that scorpion in the spectator lapping? surprised the let him out there, though on saturday they let two scooters lap :crazy:

11. stoshmonster

stoshmonster New Member

LOL. Yeah you prolly were. We were the only two guys standing there behind the fence by the run off road in the Black Hole.

I hadn't actually planned on going to the races at all this year. My buddy Pez went on Saturday and he called late Saturday night and said he had an extra free pass for Sunday. He spoke the magic word,because if it's free it's for me,so I went.

Nah didn't catch that,just saw the guy driving it around the pits.