Risers/Clip-ons

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by rshimmel, Apr 11, 2003.

1. rshimmel

rshimmel New Member

I'm using Genmar risers with good effect, and they go on and off like a snap, but now I'm wondering if anyone has tried clip-ons (and/or rearsets) for those days when comfort is not the issue?? Thanks--ride safe--Rick :p

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm thinking of getting the genmars for my 2002 vfr, but wondered if there would be any clearance issues. Do you have any problems with switches or levers contacting either the tank or the fairing?
    let me know what you can -- thanks
    KB

3. rshimmel

rshimmel New Member

The risers can put the brake and clutch levers a little close to the fairing (maybe even incidental contact depending upon how your levers are aligned) when the bars are turned to the stops, since the stock bars sit perfectly in that fairing "V" at the base of the windscreen, and the Genmars naturally sit a little higher. But it was never really an issue. Some of it can be alleviated by rotating the levers down a little, and how often are we steering up against the stops anyway? like never... No issues at all with lines or cables or anything else. One cool thing about the Genmars is they go on and off in a snap, literally less than five minutes (even for basket-cases like me :p ) once you do it the first time. So if you feel like riding without them for a little more aggressive posture, it's easy... Ride safe! Rick

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Rick,
    When you installed the genmars, what did you do with the small ring attaced to the fork near the top? I believe that is a safety feature to keep the bars on should they become loose. How is that ring removed from the fork? Thanks for your time.
    Keith

5. bicycle66

bicycle66 New Member

the little ring is basically held on by its tension -- like a little spring. It is easily popped off with some needle nose pliers. You could even get it off with your fingers if you have long enough nails.