Riding boots

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by Tripper, May 7, 2003.

1. Tripper

Tripper New Member

I would like to buy a pair of riding boots, just wondering about what people like, Protection would be my number one priority, while comfort coming in a very close second

2. Tripper

Tripper New Member

guess I stuck this in the wrong section

3. Rumblefish

Rumblefish New Member

Map
    Hey,
    Are you talkin' about 'daily' riding boots or 'race' type boots?

I personally like Sidi, but there are many good ones out there, just gotta try some on ;D

RF

4. Tripper

Tripper New Member

I would like some boots for everyday riding but still sporty If you know what I mean. I have alpinestars for my motocross bike.

I personally like Sidi, but there are many good ones out there, just gotta try some on .

Which Sidi's do you have?

5. Rumblefish

Rumblefish New Member

Map
  6. Tripper

Tripper New Member

Thanks I'm gonna have to try some on to see if I like the feel, How comfortable are yours, In other words If you take off all day to ride, are they comfortable when you are not on the bike? Like in a restaurant.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

I am new to SPORT motorcycling having ridden Harleys and other Japanes cruisers for years so here are my thoughts.

At any age 0-99 I never want to be on crutches or bathe with a cast so I went with the best money can buy...Sidi.

I had the Champion Boot ~$180 and it was waterproof but did not offer protection I would consider worryproof.

I purchased the Sidi Vertabra II Tepor $280 which is also waterproof. I just got back from a 14 hour ride with 7 in the rain and my feet were dry, no sweat either because they breathe. They are all day comfortable riding and somewhat walking or standing on your feet. The only issue is they squeak whan you walk...who cares you have aftermarket exhaust thats loud too.

Try them on at a local shop if you can and walk around for 10-15 minutes. They are expensive, but probably the last boots you will ever buy.

Noah

8. Rumblefish

Rumblefish New Member

Map
    I find mine very comfortable...even after a full days ride. And I've got fairly wide, big ass feet (size 13 US).
    I'm always in 'full leathers' when I'm wearing mine and you do kinda walk funny when you're in full regalia...you know?...lol
    They are light weight, but sturdy and very well built.

RF

p.s I forgot to mention the "squeak" when you walk...thanks Noah ;)

9. Tripper

Tripper New Member

Thank you all very much for the input. Sounds like a worthy purchase.

10. Tourmeister

Tourmeister New Member

I have the SIDI Sympatex boots. They have a drawstring up the front and a large velcro flap that wraps around to the side. Have crashed in them twice and they still look good. they have about 50K miles on them. I also wear them as my daily shoes and pretty much nothing else. I have even worn them to several weddings after a good polishing ::) They are exceptionally comfortable. The only problem is that I am lazy and drag my heels when walking and the rear of the soles is wearing through. They are totally and completely waterproof as long as the rain does not run down your leg and into the top of the boot. I have used them in the rain extensively. I wear them year round, even when it gets over 100F here in Texas for months on end. Got mine for $240. Been wearing them for about 2-1/2 to 3 years I think.

Adios,

11. Dave

Dave New Member

Anyone have trouble shifting in these boots ? ? Kinda cramped between the foot peg and the shifter.

12. 950533

950533 New Member

13. Snafu

Snafu New Member

14. cohiba_chief

cohiba_chief New Member

Scott,

Just bought a new pair of Sympatex boots, and the PLASTIC eye loop for one of the velcro straps, broke off! I am Pissed-off! What kinda company would use plastic loops instead of steel/brass?
    I think the construction of the fastening mechanism VERY Cheap! Even thouhg the leather seems O.K. the liner Good, I still feel the boot is seriously overpriced!

IMHO. Sorry for the rant. I still haven't even tried them on for a ride this year. Maybe the older style boot was different, but I think I'll be bringing these back and getting the Corsica's.

15. KC-10 FE

KC-10 FE New Member

Does anyone have these boots?

http://www.motonation.com/itemdetail.asp?c...&pid=478&rdir=1

I've done the search and it turned up zero. I understand that SIDI is supposed to represent to best boots on the market, I'm just wondering if these particular boots are a decent product. They are kinda pricy at $250 & I can't find them at any dealer. Every dealer says they can order them but I want to try them on before I spend the money.

This is the boot I'm comparing them to, ICON Field Armor, much cheaper @ $130:

http://www.metricbikes-superstore.com/prod...roducts_id=3359

What I'm looking for is a all around riding boot that I can walk around in after I get off the bike. I currently use my 8 year old USAF steel toes. They have definitely seen better days and the sole is just about to fall off.

Thanks
    KC-10 FE out...

16. texvfr800

texvfr800 New Member

17. mrae

mrae New Member

Upitty female rider here. I have women's SIDI boots-- they were comfortable from the minute I put them on 2 yrs ago. I live in Montana and to keep riding more than 6 weeks a year I have an electric vest.(so I can ride 10 months) I have never worn anything but polypropelene(sp) liner socks in these boots and my feet have never been cold OR hot- never damp even in the most driving rains and even on 100 degree days! I LOVE the SIDIs and plan to get another pair. My 3 cents. Maren (mrae)

18. Feu-feu

Feu-feu New Member

I have some OXTAR boots, they're great.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 4, 2006
  19. Florida

Florida New Member

Map
    I have the same Sidi Sympatex boots. I agree that they are all-day comfortable and completely waterproof. However, I find them too hot for south Florida summers.

In the really hot months I wear Joe Rocket Mercury boots; they are much shorter (and thus cooler) but have decent ankle support. However, they are more of a safety compromise than the taller boots.

My bias is safety, so I've recently ordered Sidi Vertigo Corsa Air race boots. They are perforated to flow air. I plan to pack Treds waterproof overboots for the rain. I'll let you know about comfort after I've had the Corsas for a while.

20. jethro911

jethro911 Member

United States
    Map
    I even wear my SIDI's with my jeans when I out for a casual ride. The jeans pull right over them and nobody can tell that they are racing boots. They are like wearing slippers, they are sooo comfortable. Got mine off e-bay for $135 new so I can't complain about the cost. :biggrin:

I had a set of OXTAR boots before and hated them. They are stiff and there is no feedback at all throught them. Sold them off on e-bay to another victim!:frown: