Ride my bike............

Discussion in 'USA - West' started by Maliboost, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Maliboost

Maliboost New Member

I would like to get one or two of you guys to take a spin & let me know what you think. I put the Race Tech springs in it & would like to get some unbiased opinions on how it rides & stops now.

Maybe on one of the days you head out for a sat/sun ride. If you guys could give me a little more heads up (say a week or maybe two) I would like to go on a short ride with you guys.

thanks
    Bob

2. betarace

betarace New Member

3. Pliskin

Pliskin New Member

United States
    Map
    Oops, this post didn't work how I intended. Sorry.

4. betarace

betarace New Member

hey if you want it done right, I would be there. If not, have one of those Cali wussies do it for you! :)

5. supertex

supertex New Member

Hey! I represent that remark

6. Spectre

Spectre New Member

Maliboost,

What are your own impressions as to how your VFR now rides and stops after you've installed the Race Tech springs? The fact that you're seeking second opinions would seem to suggest that you might be disappointed so far, or perhaps that you're finding little if any improvements compared with the stock fork springs?

Did you replace only the fork springs, or did you also include Race Tech's Gold Valves, etc. in your rebuild? Did you also do the rear shock?

With regard to the front forks in particular, I'm thinking that a Race Tech rebuild of the VFR's suspension might fall short unless it includes Gold Valves in addition to the springs. In other words, the Gold Valves might be the most significant and transformative modification in order to get the full benefits.

7. Maliboost

Maliboost New Member

I thought about this on the ride home today & thought you guys might have taken this the wrong way (& I could see how).

there is nothing wrong with the bike, I have put a 3 or 4 tanks through it since I put it all back together again. the wheels wont fall off on you guys. LOL.

Red Rover
    To be honest it seems about the same as it was before, but a little more rough. I dont think it soaks up the bumps as well as it did with the softer springs in it. but it sure is a damm sight better than it was with the leaky fork seal. LOL I kind of wish I had done one thing @ a time, but I fixed the leaking seals & put the springs (& a set of HH pads, the old ones were worn out) in @ the same time. Maybe I will put the old springs back in it & see how I like that, then swap back to the new springs & see how I like that as an A-B-A test.

Even with the reasearch I did here & on VFRD, had I to do it all over again, I probably would have just left it alone. Race Techs customer service is ABSOLUTELY THE WORST Ive had in a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time. I STILL have the bad springs sitting on my kitchen table. I just got the call tag from them today & will send it out in the AM. Had I known about the valves & Race Tech & what-not, I probably would have just shipped the forks off to Jamie & had him go through them & do the rebuild on them. Oh & while Im bitching about RT, thier instructions suck. I ended up retyping them out & putting them in the order that it should be with the pictures where they should be & they are MUCH better & only take up another 1/2 a page (which could be paired down if need be).

I like the HH brakes, they seem to work pretty well VS the stock pads.

I put the peg lowering blocks on, but could not get the brake to adjust & the side stand hit the peg, so I took them back off again. too much going on @ once, so I did not want to deal with it. I will be putting them back on shortly & figureing out whats up.

& for you east coast boys............ HA, HA, HA, HA, HA. thats why I put it in the Kalifornia area. NO Im not gonna deliver to NJ. LOL.

thanks again folks.

Bob

8. Spectre

Spectre New Member