Ride#002 - Sunday Sport Touring Ride - Baltimore to Cumberland (300 miles round trip)

Discussion in 'USA - Northeast' started by BootBuckle, Sep 5, 2012.

1. BootBuckle

BootBuckle New Member

NOTE: RIDE HAS BEEN CANCELLED.

Hey all,

I'm gauging interest... this past Sunday's ride was a success (check out the ride report), and I'm looking to do something a little longer with more twisty back roads. I'm planning a ride from Baltimore to Hagerstown to Cumberland to Frederick to Baltimore.

We would be departing from "The Filling Station", a coffee shop on York Road, a few miles north of the Beltway at around 8:15am.

We'd stop in Hagerstown for a 30 or 45 minute coffee break sometime around 10:00am, place TBD. From here we could split the group in 2 so that some people could head straight to Frederick to cut the ride in half.

The people going on the full ride would head out to Cumberland for lunch (around noon), and stop in Frederick on the way home for a snack break (around 2:30pm), specific destinations TBD.

From Frederick, everyone can take whatever way home they'd want; DC people would want to head southeast, PA people would want to head northeast. I'll be heading back to Baltimore, and if my arse can take it I'll be looking for back roads to get home. Otherwise, it'll be route 70.

I know that this is a pretty significant ride for many of you, which is why I wanted to include a "cut the ride in half" option. As always, the more the merrier so GET THE WORD OUT! The pace will be "spirited but safe", keeping speeds down on the straight stuff but increasing in the twisties. All bikes are welcome, but note that this is a Sport-touring ride, not a cruising ride. If you have any questions, please post them up here as opposed to sending me PM's or texts. If you have something very specific to you, feel free to call me.

The general route of the ride can be seen here: The Filling Station to I-70 E - Google Maps

Note that the specifics of the ride are malleable at this point, and suggestions are welcome.

I hope to see a good turnout!

-Cal
    610-717-7356

Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
  2. BootBuckle

BootBuckle New Member

How many views is this thing going to get before I get some takers? I've got one other rider committed so far from the Sport-Touring.net forum. Anyone else want in? I'd like to get at least 5 or 6 going...

3. BootBuckle

BootBuckle New Member

Update:

RIDE CANCELLED

Due to lack of participation. Bummer.

4. rbednar

rbednar New Member

United States
    Map
    Bummer. It was a great day weather-wise. Hope you got out to ride for a while at least!