Reporting abuse of handicapped spots

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by Joey_Dude, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Joey_Dude

Joey_Dude Member

United States
    Map
    When I park my bike at various stores and shops I occasionally see people parking their car in a handicapped spot with no handicapped tag.

One time I even saw a lady walking toward her car in a handicapped spot and she was carrying bags, obviously indicating she has no physical issues and her car had no handicapped tag either. That made me pretty pissed and of course you can say just call the police. But the problem is usually by the time they come the abuser is already gone.

So I looked around on what I can do and found this app Parking Mobility that you can use on your smart phone. http://www.parkingmobility.com/

I've used this once so far and so far it seems like a promising way to deal with the handicap parking abuse. And no I am not affiliated with the app, I just felt compelled to spread the message in hopes that maybe it'll reduce the abuse.

2. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    Nothing irks me more than able bodied people using those spots. But be careful Joey. People may have a Handicapped Card for reasons that are not clearly noticeable to you or I. I have challenged a few on this and make no apologizes for it. I always approached them with respect and just questioned why there were using this space.

I got stung once though. When I asked, the woman just about bit my head off saying it is none of my business why she had a handicapped card. I bit back even harder. She was correct. Medical conditions are none of my business. BUT. These cards are stolen, abused by those who have them and misused by family of those who have them. I told her she should be pleased that Joe Public was watching out for things that are a benefit to people with disabilities.

One time I was just coming from the doc when I first injured my back. I could hardly walk. Footsteps were about a foot apart at best. Pulled into Safeway to go fill a pain killer prescription and paused and looked at that handicapped spot, then drove to the nearest un-posted spot and got out. As I walked by that handicapped spot, a car whipped in. Two very able bodied ladies got out of this car and started walking towards the Safeway doors. I said quite forcefully to them "Excuse me. You just parked in a handicapped stall. " Their response was "We are just going to be a minute." I was bent over like the hunch back of Notre Dam. I held up my prescription and waved it and said "I'm just going to be a minute too" The bitches got back in the car and actually drove away.

But yes, my very favorite bitch. Use of and abuse of handicapped parking. But be careful. Everything may not be as clear as you see it.

Next beef for social media. Do the same thing for all these fucking assholes who leave their dogs in their cars while they go into the stores or what ever on hot days. These sick bastards need to be castrated. Leave the dog at home for chrissake! Even if is is just a minute.

3. Joey_Dude

Joey_Dude Member

United States
    Map
    Of course I'll be careful and there was even one time I confronted a lady at Starbucks. There was a non-handicapped spot literally just 20 feet away, all she had to do was go reverse and she was fine. But somehow she couldn't be bothered to move a measly 20 feet.

So I went to her and asked, "Are you aware that you're parking in a handicapped spot?" And she just nodded and went back to work on her laptop and sipping her latte. I mean I would overlook it if she was just getting a cup and just there for a minute but she was there for at least a half hour working on her laptop. And again, she had no handicapped tag nor anything on her license plate and she was physically able, she even ran into starbucks.

Some people simply are just a lost cause and sometimes a ticket will be a wake-up call.

But that's pretty cool you managed to get those ladies to move out of their spot!

4. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    half the people with handicap stcikers are just ass holes, I am sure I could get one too. Some are just lazy fat sobs. I don't care any more -its a Banna Republic:banana: but that collage girl you got the fifty from me is going to have to pay me double back:chaingun:

5. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    Some of the handicapped slots in Ogeron are for side door van ingress/ egress. The fines are I think double for parking in one of those. Permit or not.. I was coming oot of a Walmart one day and this harleydood and his SO was in one of the spots. These are extra wide and marked with white stripes. Trying to do this dude a solid I told him he could be heavily fined. One of those cage days where I wear jeans ect. This dude eyeballs me in his best "Mad Doggie" 500 ft. stare and tells me to fuck off. Enter the "Luverly Rita Meter Maid" who is stove up with ticket book in hand. End of story.

Somewhere on the net is a vid of a mall lot in Florida. All kinds of people parking in the handicapped zones. Full time meter dude. He is severely handicapped and wheelchair bound. Serious birth defects. Except his mind and personality. He is also deputized to write up the scofflaws. Cheery little dude. He listens to all the stories then nails them smiling all the time. Hard for the "parkers" to get shitty with a guy that's 3" tall in a wheelchair.

6. Badbilly

United States
    Why bother? You're already there.

7. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    You good for nothing Troll, I thought you were on vacation, I haven't been bashed lately:bootyshake2:

8. Badbilly

United States
    That's downright insulting. I try to fuel your masochistic needs as best I can.

9. Badbilly

United States
    There are rewards outside of Heaven. A reporter for a SanFran TV station has a shitload of Utube vids on "people behaving badly" .

"But I was only going one way".

10. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    that's a bit better

11. Joey_Dude

Joey_Dude Member

United States
    Map
  12. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    go ahead, and use that Gat Pride toilet paper

13. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    That was just hilarious. And right on. I think if it was here, I would have hung a ticket for Drive Without Due Care and Attention on that driver after he pulled out into traffic, and littering just to get him more pissed off. I suppose the cop should have stopped this when he arrived but I sure can see why he did not. What was good to see was the pranksters cleaning up the mess after Mr Idiot left.

14. Badbilly

United States

A quote from one of those shemales you service maybe?

15. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
  16. Pliskin

Pliskin New Member

United States
    Map
    My wife is handicapped, but as many others have alluded to hear, it doesn't always appear that way. There have been plenty of times when people confronted her/us as we parked in the handicap spot and all appeared well. Sometimes things look OK on the outside, but no much inside. Sometimes things can be "triggered" without any warning. I'm sure if those same people who scoffed at us walking in saw us an hour later as I had to literally carry my wife out, maybe they would have thought twice. But you learn to just accept it.

Sadly, too many people have abused the system. Its kind of like SQUIDS. Every person on a sport bike is not one, but yet we get grouped into it just because we ride a VFR. Well, handicaps are the same way: you see that person with no obvious disability, and right away we pass judgement.

Lastly, my wife has one of those placards that hangs on the rear-view mirror. At times, she might drive my car and forgets to transfer the tag, but out of habit parks in the handicap. Now, I realize she needs to be responsible for this, but every now and then there might be someone who is in a similar situation and "forgot" their placard.

Just offering another perspective to this.

17. Joey_Dude

Joey_Dude Member

United States
    Map
    In russia your car gets handicapped!

18. DaHose

DaHose New Member

United States
    Map
    Daaaaaaayuuummmmmmmm..............

Them Russians is gangsta yo! :hi2:

Jose

19. Badbilly

United States
    Me local Walmart is just off a highway that runs from the Mexican border to the Canadian border. Lots of bikes this time of year. Three harleydoods all riding together take up three parking spaces.

20. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    this is just another thing that should simply be ignored, I don't park in handicapped zone and I don't care who does. just like ;like don't care if you ride with no Helmet and hit your head. I only care what effects my tiny little world and my putty cats.:bs: