Discussion in '1st & 2nd Generation 1983-1989' started by Guaire, Oct 23, 2017.
I made a PDF of the article. I will try doing this mod today.
A previous owner had done this to the petcock. I bought it from the last owner who didn't know to tell me the petcock was running as a manual valve, not a vacuum feed. What a headache!
Many thanks for the help here!
Got it done. Here's pics of the diaphragm cut outs.
Sitting in the driveway after a short test run on wet roads. After a few minutes of riding. It idled at 1200 rpm.
In the midst of all this carb work, I repaired the rear and upper fairing. The rear needed a mounting hole. The upper needed the same. Plastex to the rescue.
At least now it's a runner. I can tune and sync when it's convenient.
Looking to freshen the turn signals and change the front brake lines to steel braid.
Pics are the cut diaphragms.
Here's the 'new and improved' Interceptor out on a test ride. Thanks, everyone for the help.
Looks great - another one back on the road....
I got lucky to find an '86. Pete, thanks for the help and encouragement... you two Captain 80s!
Separate names with a comma.