Replace VFR800 (6th Gen) exhaust??

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by VietHorse, Jan 11, 2011.

1. VietHorse

VietHorse New Member

Hi there.

Is there anyone replace the exhaust of VFR800 (6th Gen) by Yoshimura exhaust of Yamaha R1?

Please help to share:
    - Does it fit?
    - How's modification?
    - How's performance compares with the original exhaust?

Thank you,
    VH.

P/S: There are some pics showing the R1 Yoshi Exhaust:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. havcar

havcar New Member

Map
  3. VietHorse

VietHorse New Member

Thanks Havcar.

I have searched for the Exhaust which are designed for VFR, but seems not really fit with my expectation... :biggrin:
    I still fall inlove with the Yoshi exhaust for R1, both shape and sound.

Your pic abt Leovince looks much better than the 2Bros exhaust from the link, as on my eyes.

There are some thing related...

HONDA VFR 800 V4 V-TEC Exhaust

Vfr V-tec The Original Sound

Leo Vince Slip-on Exhaust for the Honda VFR800
    2002-2009 VFR800
    SBK Oval EVO II Aluminum Slip-On Muffler for VFR800 02-09 - $659.95
    [​IMG]

SBK Oval EVO II Carbon Fiber Slip-On Muffler for VFR800 02-09 - $829.95
    [​IMG]

Two-Brothers Slip-on Exhaust for the Honda VFR800
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Honda VFR800fi (2002-09) Dual M-2 Aluminum Oval V.A.L.E Slip-ons (with P1) - $649.99
    Honda VFR800fi (2002-09) Dual M-2 Carbon Fiber Oval V.A.L.E. Slip-ons (with P1) - $839.99
    Honda VFR800fi (2002-09) Dual M-2 Titanium Oval V.A.L.E. Slip-ons (with P1) - $839.99

4. 02 VFR Rider

02 VFR Rider New Member

it will fit but you will have to do some modding.

5. havcar

havcar New Member

Map
    A Yoshi on an R1 will not sound the same as a Yoshi on a VFR. Fortunately most exhausts sound good on a VFR regardless. I would encourage you to seek out more pics for the Two Brothers, the images on their website in no way do the exhaust any justice. Depending on the color of your bike, both the carbon fiber and titanium cans, which for some reason are not featured in a picture, look and sound fantastic. Especially when the magnesium end-caps are reversed. Here's a link to a good pic of the carbon fiber M2 with the end-caps reversed.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/leo%20vince%20vfr/redrider826/HONGallery111.jpg

6. Spike

Spike New Member

The sound, even with the same exhaust will not be the same. There is the fact that the R1 is an inline 4 versus a V4 design, plus if it is one of the new R1's, they have a rather unique firing order that makes them sound different than even other inline 4s. Simply replacing the muffler will not replicate that R1 sound.

7. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    Yosi does not make exhaust for VFR.....
    Viethorse, I noticed you have a Vietnamese communist flag under. Are you really from Vietnam?

8. Scubalong

United States
    You left out Staintune Exhaust............. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. VietHorse

VietHorse New Member

Thanks all.
    I also aware that the sound effect of V-4 will not same as I-4 engine.
    It's noticed that the sound (or acceleration) of V-4 (VFR) has some delays in compare with I-4.
    I owned 02 Honda Hornet 919 before, and really feel the differences. The original VFR exhaust is very silent, and i supposed it is a bottle neck to the Bike performance.
    My plan is just replace the end cans only, not the full system. And in here (HCM-Vietnam) there are numbers of shop they can do the modification to the end cans (muffler) to fit with VFR or any bikes.
    I do prefer the end cans without the extended pipe (unlike the one posted by Scubalong)
    Leo Vince or 2Bros M2 seems good choice.

10. Spike

Spike New Member

Not to sound like an idiot, but I was under the impression that there were not that many full sized motorcycles (as opposed to scooters) in your part of the world. Is that not true? How easy or hard is it for you to import stuff for your bike? or are there regular bike shops that you can just go in?
    Sorry, never been to Viet Nam...

11. Scubalong

United States
    I was thinking the same........By talking to people that travel to Vietnam. The full size bike only available for the rich and the family members in the Goverment (The Communist). I like to visit Vietnam one of this day. Especially the new Cave they found Ref: National Geographic.

12. CrazyRussian

CrazyRussian New Member

Hello Havcar.
    Did I see a GIVI spoiler on your bike?
    Cann you tel me about it?
    I am in South FLorida and would like to know if it will move air over my helmet and get me more quite ride?
    Thanks in advance, Man.
    Gino

13. havcar

havcar New Member

Map
    What's up, Gino? That's not actually my bike, just a googled image of a 6gen with carbon Two Bros that I used as an example. I can tell you that I use an SR series Zero Gravity that accomplishes what you've described, at least for a guy that's 5'11"-6', like myself. It's the same size as the stocker, so it maintains some sportiness, but there's a subtle lip at the top which directs airflow a few inces higher than does the OEM. Like I said, the SR is the one that I use but it looks like the sport touring may be the same one as in the image, and would provide that much more wind and sound protection. The Double Bubble looks to be effective too. Here's the link.

Zero Gravity Sportbike Windscreens - Honda VFR 800 Fi Interceptor

14. VietHorse

VietHorse New Member

@Spike & Scubalong:
    The road condition in Vietnam are not so good, and there are so many small Bikes (personal daily transportation means).
    Before (199x), government limited the import of big bikes (above 175cc), but then up to now, it is free.
    Bike shops (for full sized bikes, and parts) are now quite many. Easy to find the stuffs in Hanoi or Hochiminh City.
    Many new bikes was imported to Vietnam day by day, of course, with quite high import tax (I 've learned that it quite same with Singapore or Malaysia).
    Same to cars, many Bently, RollRoyces, Ferrari, Lamborghini cars hv been imported.

For bikes, u can read thru the links below FYI:

Liên hoan các CLB mô tô th? thao khu v?c Mi?n Nam
    ??i h?i Moto toàn mi?n Nam !

15. Scubalong

United States
    Viethorse, Thanks for the info. I would love to visit Vietnam one of this day. BTW your english is much better than many of us here :) Be safe and keep the rubber side down.

16. VietHorse

VietHorse New Member

Tks!
    Welcome to Vietnam...
    It worth for you guys to visit here, especially Riders.
    There was a trip recently done by some Singaporean Riders, almost 7000km riding from Singapore thru Thailand, Cambodia to Vietnam (from south to the north)

Singapore - Hanoi
    Hanoi. Been There ... Rode there. Yet another great Indo China experience

[​IMG]

17. MrBlackVFR'06

MrBlackVFR'06 New Member

Has anyone actually heard the note of the Leo Vince Carbons? More crisp and dry than a conventional "metal" exhaust?

18. Spike

Spike New Member

But even for the elite, I didn't know they had access to much in the way of "western" products (yes I know Honda is from Japan), I imagined, there would be more Chinese knock offs even for the full sized bikes. Shows what the hell I know.

My wife has been there twice, I have never been.

19. Spike

Spike New Member

Ahh, so maybe that is it. The pics and images I have in my head are from before that import limit was released.

20. omnivious

omnivious New Member

well I wouldn't be surprised if viethorse were hire up in the foodchain of the vietnamese pecking order, but I do know from what my pilot buddies told me, there are much more smaller bikes and scooters and some that are put together from scrap to make a bike(not that there's anything wrong with that) rather then newer shinier machines available in the states or europe or the far east asia(japan, korea) although even japan and korea probably have far more scooters and smaller bikes compared to the western nations, this phenomena is due to the limited land space and logically it only makes sense being that gas prices are ridiculous in most other countries outside the US. in america scooters are basically considered toys but in many other countries, they are daily transportation because of it's practicality...