rectifer

Discussion in '8th Generation 2014-Present' started by blueone, Sep 5, 2020.

1. blueone

blueone New Member

United Kingdom
    hi you and all just asking about the rectifier on the gen 8 have honda solved the problem or is it the same if so anyone change theres thank you richard ps if there is a problem i ilke to sort it out be for i start riding

2. skimad4x4

skimad4x4 "Official" VFRWorld Greeter

France
    Map
    Hi and welcome to the MadHouse:Welcome:

When you get a chance please swing by the introductions part of the forum and say Hi to the rest of the folks on here and tell us a bit about yourself and your VFR/motorbike(s).

The short answer to your question is yes Honda finally got the memo and since the 7th and 8th Gen VFRs they stopped fitting crap RRs and as a result the endless reports of charging system failures on earlier gens has not continued with the 7th and 8th Gen models. I had a look back a while ago at posts on here and could not find a single report of charging problems on the latest VFR gens.

Take care

SkiMad

3. blueone

blueone New Member

United Kingdom
    thank you m8 can rest easy now

4. Jad2477

Jad2477 New Member

United States
    Hi, I will say I got unlucky on my 2014. I had a bad RR. I heard a quiet high pitch noise with the key off after charging my now dead battery one night. This was about a year after buying her. I measured about an amp draining from the battery with the key off. However, it was odd, the drain only occurred after you connected the battery, started the bike, then turned the bike off. If you just connected the battery without initially starting the bike there was no drain. I very specifically told the dealership this, especially after hearing that they couldn't find anything wrong (I laughed to myself)... so I told them I wouldn't be able to pick the bike up for a few days.... Before I drove down I called and asked them to start the bike..... "Uh oh, it's dead".... So new battery and RR later I was back up and running. Should have just replaced the RR myself but i wanted them to warranty the part out. They did but the labor cost of the battery was about what I'd a spent anyways... Good luck!

5. QtrLitre

QtrLitre New Member

United States
    I had the exact same issue and symptoms as Jad2477 above.
    I bought a almost new one from a dealer in October of 2019.
    bought a new RR and have had no issues since.

Thumbs likes this.