Ready to ride

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by MichaelD, Apr 5, 2014.

1. MichaelD

MichaelD New Member

United States
    Map
    Just did a new set of sprockets, RK chain, and new rear tire. Got off for 320.00 mount and balance included.
    Picked up a chain tool at Harbor Freight for 16.00. Worked as good as my 10 yr old 80.00 one that just wore out last time I used it. Now its time to go put some wear on these new components. Our local dealer is now under new ownership and they have some really good deals.

2. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Right on. Always good to support local dealer when you can, especially when it saves you money! Now get out there and ride!

3. MichaelD

MichaelD New Member

United States
    Map
    I bought my first bike from this dealer. the other kids had yz 80s XR 75 ect. I had a 4 hp mini bike. As a paper boy I didn't make much so I couldn't afford these . Every day Id hang out dreaming. Then one day I seen a little blue bike sitting in the back. I ask about it and the owner took me to check it out. It was a 1970 SL 70. It had been stripped. No lights ect. Modified rear shocks and forks from what I'm not sure. But I bought it for a 150.00.
    It was fast as all hell to me and would smoke those a other kids in a straight line. Even hung with 100cc bikes. Needless to say that following Xmas I got a new Xr75 and gear. Mom decided if I was going to race it was going to be on a track. I continue to buy most of my gear and parts from them. Even under new management they continue to be price competitive with online stores.

4. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    Hopefully those good deals do not include bridges in NYC..

5. ridervfr

ridervfr Member

Belgium
    Map
    what kinda "chain-tool" did you wear oot? Just curious. Got an EK one in a metal blue box, I don't think I will ever wear oot that sucker. Glad you got your :scooter: sorted oot.

6. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    HD has a combo chain tool and whip deal going with ever pair of those now famous chaps that all the chaps are wearing.

7. ridervfr

ridervfr Member

Belgium
    Map
    Funny, me and dah-wifee were driving down the road yesterday when we observed a fellow on a metric cruiser, he was decked oot in terrific plaid shorts and a t-shirt and topping it off with a backwards ball cap. Basically sporting garb that I would not wear to pick up the mail with, let alone ride a bike. Well, I commented on those fingee things that the "doodes" love to put on their hogs brake/clutch levers, calling them "motorcycle cat-oh-nine tails." Maybe the doodes are into "self-flaggelation?" If your ever unfortunate enough to ride one of those piles with them things on the levers, you will find yourself being gently whipped as your ride. Now, the way I see it its either this way or that; they are so humilated that they invested in a :bs: bike/bad geometry that they have to punish themselves, and what better way than whipping yourself. Other side; is maybe they are closet S&Mers, (not that there is anything wrong with that.)

Was working on some two wheeled turd, happened to be a metric one, with those assinine floggers hanging off the levers, and they were getting in my eyes every time I was working. I ended up zip tieing them to the grips. Now there is a new marketing gimic maybe, "visit your local biker dominatrix and have her zip tie you to the bed and flog you with your chitty lever floggers." Maybe on to something. Could have a entire tent set up at daytona. :pound: nuff rants and raves...

8. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Rider..you crack me up..very funny...my wifes what are you laughing at in the bathroom. Loaded question huh..um notin

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

9. MichaelD

MichaelD New Member

United States
    Map
    Motion pro. It was actually about 6 yrs old. It had been passed around and I'm sure it had been used improperly more than once. Heck I got it used. Last guy I loaned it to seems to have tried retapping the threads. Shit happens. Just wish he had told me.