Re: New to Biking

Discussion in '5th Generation 1998-2001' started by Jake, Mar 24, 2004.

1. Jake

Jake New Member

While a VFR is a great bike, it doesn't exactly make the best "learner's" bike... They're coated with very expensive plastic that breaks very easily when they're dropped... They're not exactly slow either.

Something smaller and naked (SV650?) might be better-suited to a person new to motorcycling. If you had to have something with Bling Bling plastic, the Suzi GS500 and Ninja 250 make great first bikes...

That said, I don't know about lowering links, but I do know that Sargent or Corbin can make special (thinner) custom seats that can lower you an inch or two.

HTH,
    Jake

2. Jake

Jake New Member

You sound like you have some experience then... Just treat the bike with respect and ride like a mature adult (at least until you get the hang of it... :D )

I grew up riding motorcrossers myself (still do!) and I'm convinced that it takes more skill to ride well off the road than on it... The consequences for screwing up on the road, however are much higher...

The blokes over at http://www.hondavfrclub.com/forum/ would probably be able to help you more with a U.K. source for the lowering links than I could. It's a U.K.-based VFR forum. Great site!

HTH,
    Jake