Raising the bars and new windscreen

Discussion in '8th Generation 2014-Present' started by vfrfly, Apr 14, 2015.

1. vfrfly

vfrfly New Member

Is there a way to use the stock bars so i can keep the grips and all else just as it is and yet raise them an inch or 2 with some sort of adapter? And i already want a bigger wind screen and that will make it worse If i raise the bars. So what is a good windscreen for a guy just over 6feet 1 inch tall that mostly does hwy and semi high speed back road riding.....not trying to get gold wing size here, just better wind protection and less head buffeting. ...not too ugly looking though :)

2. DriverDave

DriverDave New Member

United States
    Map
    Honda does have "bar risers" for the 8th gen that are just spacer blocks, but they only raise about 1/2 inch and back about 1/4 inch. Someone was working on some custom blocks that were thicker, but still less than an inch. I don't know of any other alternatives yet, like Heli-bars. As for windscreens, I know Givi and PowerBronze currently have one. Here's a thread on the Givi... http://vfrworld.com/forums/showthread.php/47336-Givi-Windscreen?highlight=8th+gen+windscreen

3. vfrfly

vfrfly New Member

Thank you DD

4. saceur

saceur New Member

Thailand
    Map
    I recommend getting these risers. Less expensive then Honda's and if you want them up more you have the 1.2 inch option. Rode my bike from Texas to Cali and my 6'3 frame really is glad I got them.