QuickShifter easy module

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by OZ VFR, Oct 1, 2017.

1. OZ VFR

OZ VFR Member

Australia
    Map
    Has anyone tried the Healtech QuickShifter easy module on a 5G?
    I've been thinking on getting one of these, but not sure how well they work on the 5G gearbox.
    I often do clutchless shifts without a problem from second onwards, and when timed well, they go in faster and better then with clutch.
    I'm just not sure how good their shift sensor is.
    On top of that, I'll need to order a special unit as my bike has been modified to coil on plugs.

2. OCLandspeeder

OCLandspeeder New Member

United States
    I'm a little late in the game here but seeing nobody was able to answer your question, I figured I can chime in with my two cents.

I toyed with the idea of a quick shifter on my 6th gen for a bit. But decided that I needed to improve my shift mechanism first. My reasoning for that is I believe the VFR shift mechanism isn't as conducive to quick shifting or clutchless upshifting compared to a true super sport machine. When riding my CBR, the difference in shifting is remarkable. The CBR almost wants to go the next gear up once the initial resistance on the gear shift lever is overcome. It almost feels like there is a magnet down there somewhere. The VFR meanwhile, as smooth as it is, requires what feels to me like a longer shift travel, although it does have a lighter effort and is very easy to find neutral in compared to my CBR's shifter. The CBR requires just a bit more finesse to find neutral from a dead stop.

I've since upgraded my VFR's shift mechanism with the Factory Pro Shift Star and shift arm kit. This kit basically transformed my shifting into something very similar to my CBR now. It wants to go to the next gear up quickly and easily after the initial resistance and the shifter travel feels reduced. Now the shifts feel more positive. Interestingly enough, finding neutral requires a bit more finesse, just like the CBR.

My point is, having a really "fast" shift mechanism like the one I described above would make an electronic quick shifter even better in my opinion. And I think the VFR benefits greatly from just improving the shift mechanism.