Power Commander III

Discussion in '5th Generation 1998-2001' started by pmcd1966, Jan 25, 2004.

1. pmcd1966

pmcd1966 New Member

Has anyone tried using a PC III on a 2000-2001 VFR? I have a stock 2000 model, but am considering adding a Micron and K&N, along with a PC.
    Also, will any model number PC II or PC III work with the VFR? I would like to take advantage of any that K&N still has on sale.

thanks!

2. VifferChic

VifferChic New Member

Look at getting a TechLusion instead. They work much better than the PC's, especially if you live in an area with changing weather ... humidity, etc. Try this link.

http://www.techlusion.us/home.htm

3. pmcd1966

pmcd1966 New Member

Thanks for the info. I've seen their site before, but I still don't think I have enough info to make a good comparison. Does anyone know of any writeups comparing the two? I think ease of use/setup, and performance would be key factors. Support of the manufacturer as well would be important.

Patrick

4. VifferChic

VifferChic New Member

Hi Patrick-

I haven't seen any written articles on the two-only testimonies from people who have had them both. I have actually spoken with several people who have ran both the PC's and the TechLusion's and they said they would choose the TL, hands down, over the PC anyday living here in the midwest. With the weather conditions changing on a daily basis here, ie. humidity for one, the TechLusion works circles around the Power Commander. And, it costs half as much as the PCIII.

Anyway, just my two cents worth. ;)