Power Commander II sale

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by Hedgehog, Aug 6, 2003.

1. Hedgehog

Hedgehog New Member

2. Tourmeister

Tourmeister New Member

This is one long blow out sale!! I bought mine last year for that price!! Love it. See here for details:

http://sfriday.com/present.htm

Write up of getting the custom map made for the bike. Was fun.

Adios,

3. Hedgehog

Hedgehog New Member

Tourmaster, I just looked at your map. I noticed that at WOT, there is a 4 in the ignition advance. Are you sure that's OK with 87 octane?

4. Tourmeister

Tourmeister New Member

Howdy Hedge,

Been running 87 octane in it withut a glitch for the last 20K or more miles. Just recently tried the 93 just for grins. Runs fine but makes less power and gets worse mileage. I immediately swithced back to 87. When I had the map made, the tuner told me he set all the ignition advance to zero. With the 4 degrees it was cutting out at high RPM and WOT. I have not looked at the map in a long long time as I don't have the viewer installed. One other person mentioned this as well. I don't know if there is a way to disable all of the advances regardless of what the map shows or if he just missed zeroing out a position. Either way, on our 98, it really does run just fine. I even recently did a few topspeed runs at WOT and had no issues. I guess you could just zero the advance yourself, load the map and see what happens ;) The map is of course provided "as is" with no guarantees.