Power Commander 5 Vs. Rapid Bike Evo

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by Norse, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Norse

Norse New Member

Denmark
    Since I'll be swapping the stock exhaust on my 2000 for a full Erion system, I have been looking at upgrading the fuel management as well.

The PC5 is the common go'to solution but a competitor has come to my attention. Rapid Bike Evo.
    https://www.rapidbike.com/en/rapid-bike/rapid-bike-evo/

Made by Dimsport in Italy. The company has been around for nearly 30 years, and have made Motorcycle products for at least half that time. So they are not exactly new on the scene, even though I have never heard of them.

The Rapid Bike Evo looks very interesting on paper. It uses stock O2 sensors and has a adaptive feature. There is also a add-on Bluetooth module and even a handlebar mounted module that can control a whole bunch of parameters in real time.

But I have never actually seen it in action or know anyone who uses one.

Does anyone have any first hand experience with these? Is it a better option than a PC5?
    Pricing is very similar but I would like to know a bit more before I decide.

2. Thumbs

Thumbs Member

United Kingdom
    I have a RB Evo fitted to my 8th gen ...spot on fuelling and I swear the bike starts better ...the best aftermarket wiring harness I’ve ever seen

Straight from the box it felt crisper, ...the additional cables that come with it allow it to be used on a PC with the correct software

The Racing unit allows altering rev limiter etc

There was a group buy here (I missed it) so several write ups

Go for it ....you won’t regret it

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
  3. carlgustav

carlgustav New Member

I have the RB race module on my '07. Even w/o the adaptive stuff, and just using the map as supplied, I've been very pleased with the system. Have run it for about 5 yrs w/o issues related to RB.

Go on the vfrdiscussion site if you haven't already, there is a great deal of info to be found.

ACE

mello dude likes this.
  4. Norse

Norse New Member

Denmark
    Would the Racing model be worth the extra money?
    Features like launch control, traction control and engine braking adjustment are not on the stock Gen5 VFR. Would those functions just not be usable or does the RB Racing module add them to some extent?

If it can somehow ad those features, it would definitely be worth the higher price, but if it needs those things to already be on the stock bike, it would be a bit of a waste.