Politics, politics, politics.....

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by Ghost_Rider, Apr 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghost_Rider

Ghost_Rider Active Member

United States
    Map
    Okay, so I know that asking a political question on internet forums can sometimes be similar to walking onto a mainstreet in Pakistan and taking a dump on the Qur'an.......all holy hell can break loose. Lets "pretend" we are not savages, and see if we can have a nice political discussion.

Here are some questions:

1. Are you happy with Obama as president?

2. Will you vote for someone other than Obama no matter who that is just to get him out of office?

3. Why do you feel that Obama is so bad for this country?

4. Does the idea of Romney for President sound worse than keeping Obama?

Myself, well, I am kind of middle of the road. I like somethings that the dems do, and somethings that the GOP does. I hate that dems want to tax the living hell out of us, give amnestry to everybody, and I hate that then GOP brings so much "I love big business more than the environment or our health" and religious BS with them. I honestly wish there was more than a two party structure, or better yet, no party structure, because the current way it is set up an independent has NO WAY in hell of getting elected.

2. Pliskin

Pliskin New Member

United States
    Map
    No good can come of this, IMO. I pass.

3. TOE CUTTER

TOE CUTTER Mullet Man

United States
    Map
    This will not end well to be sure........... :pop2:

VFRIRL likes this.
  4. soloii-74

soloii-74 New Member

United States
    Map
    Agreed. Lots of dedicated political venues out there - prefer to keep the riding part of my life out of politics. - just saying.

5. tinkerinWstuff

tinkerinWstuff Administrator Staff Member

United States
    Map
  6. dino71

dino71 New Member

United States
    Map
    I'll Start....

1. Obama ROCKS!

2. I would rather poke myself in the eye with a hot poker than see Mitt run this country.

3. Is this a trick question?...Hard to make up for having a Monkey run this country for 8 years.....Or was it tricky DICK? Who knew that the devil needed a heart?

4. In fairness to Mitt who knows if he's better but I think Obama is still the most sensible and way more intelligent than Mitt. This will come out in the future debates.

You'll see, Obamas next four years will be much more stellar.

Oh well.....flame on!!!

7. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti Member

United States
    Map
    I appreciate your hyperbole dino.

BZ

8. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti Member

United States
    Map
    I'll bite vfrlover

My responses are in bold.

Here are some questions:

1. Are you happy with Obama as president?

Kinda, sorta...at least more so than when Bush, Jr. was Pres.

2. Will you vote for someone other than Obama no matter who that is just to get him out of office?
    No

3. Why do you feel that Obama is so bad for this country?
    I dont...I think WE (that means all of us) are bad for the Country

4. Does the idea of Romney for President sound worse than keeping Obama?
    I guess so.

Myself, well, I am kind of middle of the road. I like somethings that the dems do, and somethings that the GOP does. I hate that dems want to tax the living hell out of us, give amnestry to everybody, and I hate that then GOP brings so much "I love big business more than the environment or our health" and religious BS with them. I honestly wish there was more than a two party structure, or better yet, no party structure, because the current way it is set up an independent has NO WAY in hell of getting elected.[/QUOTE]

It is a little more complex than this dvfrlover. I wish I ha dthe time to dedicate to a thread like this. I do however apprecite that another human being would like some civil and intelligent political discussion. However, we live in a time when that is as rare as a live T-Rex. Its not the first time we've been through this as a nation...and it probably wont be the last.

BZ

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  9. tinkerinWstuff

United States
    Map
    People suck. They forward some bullshit email gossip without bothering to check and see if there's a thread of truth in it and they think they are doing their part to be active in politics.

I have participated in my local precinct caucuses and was elected by my peers to represent them at state level assemblies. I never see any of these email forwarding lazy asses there.

10. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti Member

United States
    Map
    Tink:

My lovely Wife was damn near lynched by her co-workers becasue she would Snopes those retarded e-mails and fire them right back. Worst part was not her co-workers were not pissed they were lies, but pissed at her for exposing them!?

All my wife was trying to do was show that if your political ideologies are based on lies, then its all a house of cards. Lesson learned, people say they want the truth. No, they want the lies and ignorance. The Ministry of Truth appreciates the support.

I told her "Remember, Hitler got voted into Office legally". People will reap the whirlwind for this shit.

BZ

11. dino71

dino71 New Member

United States
    Map
    In a perfect world I would vote for Ron Paul even though he's got one foot in the grave and one on the banana peel. I think it would be interesting have a medical professional (MD) as president instead of a liar...I mean lawyer as president.

12. funnybusiness

funnybusiness New Member

1. It could be a lot worse, I think for the situation he was given he could have done much worse.

2. No I wouldn't vote him out of office unless there was a more sensible person to put in office.

3. The "Obama care" was not very good. Granted most other countries have this health care plan and going with something like it would be best, however I realize we are not the other countries.

4. I feel that Romney would not be a step in the right direction, because if you listen to any of the previous statements made by him, you should realize he will say anything to get where he wants to go.

I was going to write down some of my opinions but I don't want to get off the questionnaire. Instead here is a quote " If voting actually accomplished anything it would be illegal"

13. tinkerinWstuff

United States
    Map
    Ron has some great philosophy but lacks the charisma to be the leader of men IMO.

14. funnybusiness

funnybusiness New Member

I would vote for Ron Paul as well, but like you said he is hurting himself. The fact that he was going to remove aid to Israel, angered many religious people including some of my family. Mostly because they believe that once we remove our aid, our country will fail.

15. tinkerinWstuff

United States
    Map
    Most people do not even know Isreal's story or why we support them in the first place.

16. funnybusiness

funnybusiness New Member

Very true, I did want clarify that I wasn't saying it was a good idea to completely shut them off. However it's because we are aiding them that they are like spoiled kids. Now they probably wouldn't survive on their own unless we give them some aid, and weening them off is the best bet.

17. fieldsanitation

fieldsanitation New Member

off the Dulles Toll Road, with the Trolls in NoVA
    Map
    +1 for snopes reply-mailers. My mother stopped forwarding that crap long ago because I shot so many holes in her views and stories... and my children are forbidden to discuss or respond to any discussion that has to do with politics or religion in her house when they visit. :)

18. tinkerinWstuff

United States
    Map
    Being challenged by opposing points if view is rather inconvenient

19. vfourbear

vfourbear New Member

United States
    Map
    I have family members that do this shit for a living (politics)...so I will beg pardon and avoid discussing much on a bike forum.

Yes, people suck, a person one on one is usually not so bad, by people as a group....yeeeesh.

I will add to the flame war however just for fun.

Dems will tell you government will make your lawn greener and your kids taller if you vote Dem.

Repubs will tell you if you dont vote Republican your kids will become gay and burn the flag on your lawn.

The biggest single political coup Repubs have been able to pull off is convincing the average working schlub that they are in his corner fighting for him.

Are we having fun yet?

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  20. gwcrim

gwcrim New Member

I'm a small government, laissez faire kinda guy. Though I think the "religious right" is as damaging to the world as fascist Islamists, I can't bring myself to support the big government Democrats. I voted for Ron Paul in this primary and voted Libertarian in '92 against GHW Bush. Didn't like GW Bush but Al Gore or John Kerry? Not on their best day. We have no real choices. They're all a bunch of lying scumbag idiots. I'd REALLY like to see term limits for congress.

Keep 'The Man' out of my house and out of my pocket.