Pics Of My '03 VFR800 Jokermobile.

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by stoshmonster, Jan 3, 2009.

1. stoshmonster

stoshmonster New Member

As promised,here are some pics of my '03 VFR800 Jokermobile. The license plate says it all. Yeah I know what you're thinking,WTF STOSH!!! An explanation is in order.
    I enjoy a good laugh as much as the next guy and I like to have fun so I thought I'd bring a little element of humor to my riding. Living here in Harley Davidson's backyard you see tons of flashy road iron rolling by stealing all the attention. I thought to myself "Hey,how come those guys get to have all the fun?" So I decided to do something so crazy,zany,and whacked out that you couldn't ignore it.
    I wear a Shoei Pascal Picotte Joker helmet with an orange mohawk on it when I ride this bike. It gets people laughing and excited,and that's the whole point. It's all worth it to me when I see people smiling. They're laughing,not at me,but right along with me.
    The tank and seat cowl art was done by Shawn Hansen,of Shark Signs and Designs. I disassembled the entire bike,and my buddy Pez (yeah,like the candy dispenser) did all the rest of the paintwork that you see. We used Imron 5000 effects sparkle paint. The yellow centerstand,orange mirror brackets and brake stayarm are powdercoated. The license plate mounting bolts are seven color changing LED's and the dice actually light up. I use the Corbin seat when I'm out touring. I had the stock seat recovered in leather and the multi-colored Joker is embroidered into it. We'll be painting the mirrors and clutch cover,and installing four different color angel eyes lights in the headlights. I currently have blue and green LED's in the dash display,I'll be swapping them out for purple and pink.
    The reason I'm submitting my pics is because I saw an article in the Jan/Feb '08 edition of Honda RedRider by Landy W. Peace of North Carolina. He showed a pic of his tastefully customized 25th Anniversary Edition Intercepter. He said he watches the VFRWorld forum to see if anybody else has a mind to change their VFR. He said he hadn't seen one as yet. I read that and smiled to myself,and thought "Oh yeah,wait til he gets a load of mine!" Enjoy my friends.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 19, 2010
  2. RWB25

RWB25 New Member

Awesome! :first:

It's a little over the top for me personally, but I totally appreciate the effort that's has definitely gone into this masterpiece. I can truly admire the hard work and creativity in your bike.

Awesome job!

Don't forget to post up any update pics.

3. btay67

btay67 New Member

Map
    Wow! Man you have done a ton of work on that VFR. Everytime I go back and look at it I see something else. I've never tried to draw that much attention to myself but you certainly did a nice job on the 'ol VFR! My kids thought it was way cool which means you've definatly done what you set out to do...put SMILES on peoples faces. Good luck on the rest of it...

4. drewl

drewl Insider

United States
    Map
    Wow. You ain't kidding.
    Although I don't really dig the paint scheme, that bike shows alot of hard work. The quality looks pretty good.

5. shaynej

shaynej New Member

WOW. There is a lot going on there. It took quite a while to look at the pictures. Just wanted to know...

HOW LONG DID THIS TAKE?

That is incredible. :thumbsup:

6. Yonan

Yonan New Member

Like it, but your pics were way to big..............hard to take it all in. Would like to see a smaller pic please, very cool though

7. R.W.

R.W. New Member

United States
    Map
    You definitely have quite the unique VFR, I was impressed by your performance mods :thumb:

8. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Dito...........

9. QuietGuy

QuietGuy New Member

It's certainly an impressive looking VFR! And, it appears your mods have gone way beyond "just" the cosmetic... Can't help but notice, it looks like you've de-linked your brakes... What have you done to stop the left side caliper mount from moving when the front brakes are applied?

10. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again Member

United States
    I'm sorry but that is just WRONG. If you want to bring attention to yourself buy an older Katana and cover it with leopard fur or whatever else you want and ride it while wearing a chicken suit. I appreciate the art work for what it is but it just looks tacky on a refined machine like the VFR. You've basically put alot of time and effort into the bike and ultimately lowered it's value. It's your bike though and if you like it that's all that counts.

Regards,
    Rollin

11. derstuka

derstuka Lord of the Wankers Staff Member

Map
    Man, that is a unique machine alright! Looks like you poured some hours into her. Hope you are happy with the outcome.

12. derstuka

derstuka Lord of the Wankers Staff Member

Map

Damn.....you just cracked me the hell up with that comments Rollin'! :lol: I am picturing some clown on leopard fur can-a-tuna riding in a chicken suit now....that is a funny image!

13. i_needit

i_needit New Member

Wow, that is different & different isn't allways bad.

14. jasonsmith

jasonsmith Member

Canada
    Map
    I think it's sweet. Go big or go home...

15. stoshmonster

stoshmonster New Member

Thank you for your comments gentlemen. I'm genuinely sorry if I've offended any diehard VFR purists. I realize that my bike isn't for everyone's tastes. As I stated in my introduction post,I was hoping to raise a few eyebrows. Sorry about that gentlemen.

I have a few more details for you. I revalved the forks with Race Tech compression and rebound Gold Valves,and a Race Tech fork spring. The rear is equipped with an Ohlins shock,with remote preload adjuster,and a set of Thurn Motorsport lowering links. K&N filter,Powercommander,and Two Brothers Racing "Stash" exhaust system. Did anyone notice that the left exhaust pipe is actually a dummy pipe? It's a lockable storage compartment. I store my tire repair kit,tool kit,maps...etc in there. People give me odd looks when I pull-in on the bike,they give me really odd looks when I start pulling things out of my left exhaust pipe! I use Braking Wave Rotors on the front,Galfer wave rotor on the rear,and HEL Performance stainless steel lines,fittings,and banjo bolts. LBS is removed. Pazzo Racing adjustable levers. Throttlemeister Throttle Lock. Factory Pro quick shift kit,with Barnett kevlar clutch discs. Corbin Touring seat. Dash harness was replaced under warranty. I'm a bit reluctant to admit it,but I installed a set of Magnum Tuning Performance 02 sensor chips,I'll have to wait til I can get it dynoed to see if those actually work. I used 9 different color anodized aluminum bolts for the non-load bearing parts. The c/f shark guard on the swingarm is from Thurn Motorsports.

To answer a few questions. Btay67,glad your kids liked it. I've had many parents ask if they could have their kids pictures taken on the bike,I always oblige. I've gotten many Thank you's,and shook many hands for that.

Shaynej,I bought my bike new in Oct '03,I had just the tank and cowl painted over the winter,rode it all of '04 like that. I didn't really like the first artist's work,it was too serious,I wanted it more cartoony. In Dec'04 I took the tank to another artist,and approached my buddy Rob and said "Wouldn't it be funny if....I've been slowly working on the bike ever since.

Yonan,sorry about the picture size. When I upload the standard 640x480 size,the pics always blur,look at the cockpit and tank top pics. So I just bailed and used the 1600x1200 size. I cringed too when I saw my post. (Edit-I've since resized my original pics)

RW & RVFR,thanks for noticing my mods,most people just notice the paint. It's nice to know that there's other VFR gearheads out there besides myself. Good on ya Guys!

Quiet Guy,you are correct sir,I've removed the LBS system. I wanted the ABS,but there weren't any left when I bought mine. I didn't see any advantage in the LBS. Ever seen the LBS system off the bike? I removed mine intact. EESH...the thing's like an eight foot long octopus! I gutted the left caliper mount and had my buddy Rob machine a pin to fit in the bore hole where the valve used to be. He threaded the end so we could use the stock mounting clevis. It was critical to get the pin length correct so that when the brake caliper was mounted the brake pads would ride correctly on the rotor,and the brake rotor would not contact the brake caliper housing. It took a few tries. We used super strength epoxy to secure the pin. It's a solid structure now,it physically does not move,just like a regular brake caliper mount. The picture kind of distorts it,but there is actually an inch of clearance between the red brake line and the tire.

Hope this answers some of your questions. Thanks again for your input gentlemen.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2010
  16. VT Viffer

VT Viffer New Member

United States
    Map
    Could you maybe put some spaces between the pics so that they don't all show up next to eachother in a row? I have to scroll over for about half a mile to just read your first post!

Looking at the pictures is not as bad, but I'd rather scroll down than to the right...

17. stoshmonster

stoshmonster New Member

Thanks for the tip VT Viffer. Hope that works a little better for you.

18. VT Viffer

VT Viffer New Member

United States
    Map
    Much better.

Kudos to having a VERY original bike. I have to say that although I wouldn't do it myself, it looks very cool, and the attention it must get must be tremendous!

Good job!:cheersaf:

19. Phil Ceptor

Phil Ceptor New Member

Wow ,Thats what cabin fever made you do? Jesus that is insanely creative or somewhat disturbing. I guess I'll have to wait to pass judgement until Elkhart lake . I do remember see your bike there three years ago. If I see the joker moble beforehand I'll certainly wave. You know that wave of acknowledgement you give that one crazy cousin on your wifes side.

20. stoshmonster

stoshmonster New Member

Yeah Phil you know how it goes,not much to do after the Packers are done playing for the season.