One of my Other Hobbies - Photos/Video's Off-roading My Jeep at Rausch Creek Off-road Park

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by PAFirefighter11, Jul 13, 2010.

1. PAFirefighter11

PAFirefighter11 New Member

Better late than never, right

My girlfriend, my friends, and myself all decided to do another Rausch Creek Off-road Park trip. We headed out after the Valley Forge Gun Show on Saturday (June 12th) afternoon (I picked up a nice 12 gauge Remington Wingmaster 870, a compact soft case, and a thigh holster for my Glock). Towed the Wrangler up there with my Silverado (I love my tow bar setup!). We got there around 2030 and met up with my friends who were already there. We set up my Truck Tent and mattress, hung out around the fire, then passed out around 0030.

By 0900 on June 13th, we aired down (I ran 11 psi, my buddy was at 16), disconnected sway bars, packed the Jeep's, checked in, and off we went. My buddy Harrison was wheeling his XJ on 35's (locked front/rear), while I was wheeling my TJ on 33's (open w/ 3.07's).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We headed to several trails, including Trail 1, a blue trail where I shot this on-board video:

YouTube - Trail 1 At Rausch Creek - Blue Trail - From My Wrangler TJ of My Buddies XJ - GoPro HD Hero

We meandered on some green and blue trails and eventually made it to Big Rocks. This is one of Harrison's favorite trails as there are several large rocks, as well as a lot of thick mud which makes for some fun times on the rocks:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We moved on to some more trails and then to Rock Creek, with the occasional poser shots along the way:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next in line was a pretty difficult climb.

Black/red trail:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then it was my turn:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's the video of that:

YouTube - Steepest Climb In Any of My 5 Jeeps Over the Years - Black/Red Trail at Rausch Creek

And the end to a great day - RC Competition Course & Overlook:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There are SEVERAL more photos but these should suffice.

Here are 2 other vids, though:

Yellow Jacket Ridge:
    YouTube - Wheeling my TJ on Yellowjacket Ridge @ Rausch Creek

Some rocks:
    YouTube - Rock Crawling in My Wrangler TJ At Rausch Creek Off-road Park in Tremont, PA - GoPro HD Hero

2. tinkerinWstuff

tinkerinWstuff Administrator Staff Member

United States
    Map
    that's pretty cool. Lots of that going on out here in CO. Scares the crap out of me and you won't find me in one!

3. tmyoungjr

tmyoungjr New Member

Map
    That is great. I have a few buddies who are into or just getting into this hobby. It's not for me however (although I love being a passenger)

4. chris112

chris112 New Member

Wow! That's great!I am sure you all had a great day.I wish i was there with you guys.I love adventures.

5. PAFirefighter11

It is definitely a great time. I know a ton of people with both Jeeps and bikes (most of my friends as a matter of fact). I work for the largest Jeep aftermarket parts company in the world as well, so that always helps :) If you've never gone wheeling, DO IT! At least once. Just be ready (in your pocket book) for when that off-roading bug bites you!

6. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    looks like fun. That XJ has some crazy articulation. I'd rather have the TJ, though. It ain't a real Jeep unless the top comes off... ;) I sold my YJ a few years ago and have been missing it a lot lately. It had custom wheels and 33" BFG mud terrains with 2" body and 2" susp lift or thereabouts... Installed bad though I think cause I snapped the cv joint twice. I think it was too much angle.

7. crynsie

crynsie New Member

hehehe

Love getting the landy dirty...

A couple of pics from last summer :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. PAFirefighter11

Ah, another Disco guy, eh? I had a Series II LE7 (I'll write more later - leaving work now!). Photos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]