Olympia/Tacoma Area maintenance recomendations...

Discussion in 'USA - Pacific Northwest' started by woody2408, Feb 20, 2013.

1. woody2408

woody2408 New Member

Hey -
    wondering if anyone had any recomendations on where to take a 07 VFR for maintenance in the Olympia/Tacoma area. I am looking for somewhere to have the 16,000 mile service and maintenance done. First quote I got from a local dealer was $650 to $850 plus parts. I have had the bike for about 4 years (it has a little over 18,000 miles on it) and have done the oil changes, changed airfilters etc myself over the years. But was looking into have the more extensive 16,000 mile service done that includes checking valve clearance. Also it would be nice to know if there is anywhere in the are that others trust and feel comfortable having work on their bike from time to time...
    Thanks for any advice and input!

2. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again Member

United States
    Many people here will tell you to skip the valve check until 32k since the great majority of 6th Gens are usually within spec. If you don't see any performance issues and the engine sounds ok I would say just keep riding it while performing your other easy to do self maintenance tasks (oil, chain, clutch/brake fluid, radiator flush, brake pads, air filter)

Rollin

3. woody2408

woody2408 New Member

Well I haven't noticed any performance issues and I have heard this before. I think for now I'll skip the tear down for valve clearance and just do the rest myself. Thanks

4. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    That price is about the same as you will see anywhere. Skip the valve check and that price drops substantially so if I were you, carry on wiht the oil changes and wait for the 32K for a major check-up.

5. fabinator

fabinator New Member

I have a shop in seattle in you're interested.