Old biker, new member

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Dick D, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Dick D

Dick D New Member

United Kingdom
    I bought my VFR1200 a year ago when my CBF1000 died for the third and final time needing a new stator.
    First bike back in 1967 was a Francis Barnett 150 from there I've had various bikes the most recent being:
    Kawasaki ZZR1200 which was a great bike, but I was working 65 miles away and riding all round London for work so I also bought a 650 Deaville. I clocked that up to 100,000 miles in three years, and put 30,000 on the ZZR.
    I chopped them both in for a 700 Deaville thinking I would slow down a bit in my old age.
    I got clipped from behind and did five somersaults, at 10 am on the 10th of October 2011.
    I needed a replacement bike fast so went to my local Honda dealer and picked up the CBF 1000
    When it was going well, it was a great bike but during six years of ownership I had so many problems including having the stator replaced twice and when it gave up a third time I thought that was enough.
    I had been looking at the VFR1200 and there was one in my local Honda dealer. They agreed to collect the CBF which was in a hospital car park 10 miles away and to give me a nominal sum for it.
    So last February I became the proud owner of my 2012 VFR1200
    The first time I rode it and the revs hit 4000 I had such a big grin on my face as the exhaust note changed.
    I don't work London anymore, but still work and use the bike to get around more local venues. As long as it is not icy, I use it all year round. (except for the six week holiday I have just had in South Carolina.)
    I clocked up 5,500 miles in the last year, most of it on business to local police stations.
    Dick D DSCN6575web.jpg

Riding a 2000, Samuel and Thumbs like this.
  2. skimad4x4

skimad4x4 "Official" VFRWorld Greeter

France
    Map
    Wow nice bike - I am very envious.

Especially as I always liked that titanium colour.

7th Gens have so many things going for them, apart from Honda's stupid price tag, they remain one of the best ever VFRs.

Finally a VFR fitted with a reliable charging system, a fabulous smooth engine with immense torque and endless V4 power, shaft drive and all the safety gizmos you could dream of - slipper clutch, linked ABS, traction control, great headlights what is not to like. Oh and if you are not being a total hooligan you can still cover 170 miles between filling station stops.

Welcome, have fun with that rocket ship - ATGATT.

SkiMad

Riding a 2000 likes this.
  3. RllwJoe

RllwJoe Insider

United States
    Map
    Welcome to the club! You must fit in well at the police stations with your 1200.