Oil Filters for 99

Discussion in '5th Generation 1998-2001' started by Guest, Apr 14, 2004.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I recently purchased this bike, it's in mint condition w/ <8K on it, but the oil looks skunky so I want change it before going too much further. I read the manual, plenty of maintenance threads, and Mike Guillory's article on alternative filters but I can't find positive verification that the 99 uses the Honda 15410-MM9-013 oil filter. The article refers to his '94 VFR and only mentions that 'most late model VFR's' use this filter. Since the article was updated in 2002 it implies the part numbers would be the same. The filtration specs he quotes on the Bosch filters make me want to use the 3323 or 3300. Can anyone confirm the OEM part number and/ or that the 3323 will fit (3.5" long)?

2. avigar

avigar New Member

The '99 does use #15410-MM9-013 oil filter according to honda's part fiche.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks for the reply,
    After I finished up my oil change (I picked up a Purolator Pure 1 for $22 CDN :eek: ) I stumbled on this link http://motorcycleinfo.calsci.com/FilterXRef.html
    This fellow has done a lot of leg work on this topic and lots of others. I highly recommend it.

4. jameshicks

jameshicks New Member

Map
    WalRe: Oil Filters for 99

Wal-Mart sells I believe it's a PH6017a fram check the book to be exact.(very last pages) lists motorcycles, atv's and more. About $5. Good luck

5. cyudyu

cyudyu New Member

I just did an oil change on my 98, Checker had a Fram 6017A for $4.99, Wal mart did not.

6. KC-10 FE

KC-10 FE New Member

I would recommend against FRAM oil filters. They are total junk. I would recommend spending the extra cash to pick up something a little better. They use cardboard for the interior seals and cheap paper for the filter. I get my filters from SERVICEHONDA.COM. My VFR and Hawk GT use the same part # so I buy them in sets of 4. Considering that a motorcyle is by its nature more dangerous than a car to operate, I recommend using the best parts you have the money for.

8) RIDE WELL 8)
    HWORTH