Ohlins pricing

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by TOE CUTTER, Oct 10, 2010.

1. TOE CUTTER

TOE CUTTER Mullet Man

United States
    Map
    Found an Ohlins 46hrcls for $947........anybody done better? Please say yes.

2. Lgn001

Lgn001 Member

United States
    Map
    I think that's a pretty good price, unfortunately.

3. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

you could call Hard Racing.....but if you need a revalve or a spring change, it is peace of mind to order from local folks. You might give Mr. Fitzgerald a call at Ohlins USA, Thermosman is pretty easy to deal with, or call Dan Kyle at Kyle Racing in Sand City, CA.

If you aren't dead set on an Ohlins I might, just might, be able to hook you up with something comparable...maybe you could kill two birds with one stone.....

4. TOE CUTTER

TOE CUTTER Mullet Man

United States
    Map
    What did you have in mind? Was wanting to stick with Ohlins for long term service parts but am open minded to all.

5. kia001

kia001 New Member

I've sold a few Penske shocks for the VFR800s. They are really well made and I carried them because they build each shock to order in a few weeks time. Also, most of my customers have two strokes and Penske are one of the few around who will make a shock for any bike. They typically come with ride height too. Prices start at $499

6. Lgn001

Lgn001 Member

United States
    Map
    I have a Penske "double-clicker", i.e. rebound and H/S compression adjustable on the SV, and have been really happy with it. However, I have never even ridden a bike with Ohlins components, so I have nothing to compare it against other than stock and the first aftermarket shock I tried (Progressive). The reason I bought the Penske over the Ohlins was the $300 difference in price.

Going off into left field a bit, what I did NOT expect was how much better the back end of the bike felt compared to the front. I had already modified the forks with cartridge emulators, aftermarket springs, etc., and the front end felt pretty good. After I installed the Penske and tuned it a bit, the front felt kind of lame. So more modifications followed that I won't bore everybody with. In my limited experience, the hard part about tuning suspension is getting both ends to "feel" the same over a variety of conditions.

Regardless, I'm happy with the Penske.