Ohio RTE July 13th

Discussion in 'USA - Central' started by wcthalgott, Jul 7, 2008.

1. wcthalgott

wcthalgott New Member

The July 13 th. lunch ride's destination is Fish Mo's located at 312 W. Main St., St. Henry, Ohio. We plan to arrive at 12:30 PM. Folks in the Columbus area will be meeting at the BP station in Dublin, OH at the intersection of Avery and Perimeter Roads, 6725 Perimeter Loop Dr. Please be ready to ride at 10:30 AM.

Fish Mo's map:
    Map of Saint Henry, OH by MapQuest

BP map:
    Map of Dublin, OH by MapQuest

2. nvoges

nvoges New Member

What route do you plan to take? I was surprised to see the location as I grew up about 10 minutes from Fish Mo’s, and currently live in Dublin.

Anyhow, how many riders do you usually have with you? I may be interested, but am not entirely sure as I have a busy weekend planned.

3. Big3

Big3 New Member

much better riding in the Hocking hills area :)

4. wcthalgott

wcthalgott New Member

Ah the route, well since you know the area you know it won't be a very exciting ride. I don't have the actual directions with me. I try to move these events around the state to give everyone a chance to go without spending all day riding top and from the lunch stop. I forget to add that I never know how many people will show up at the starting point. The wife and I have CB radios on our bikes so we can manage a large group although I personally prefer to keep to 6 or less. If time allows, I will have route sheets so we can split up in smaller groups assuming someone volunteers to lead....

5. hondajt

hondajt New Member

I would be very interested in joining. Can someone give me a call, or can I get a cell number of someone who is going? I would be coming from Springboro, OH, a city south of dayton.

Would this trip include highway use? My MSF course isn't until the last week in august, so I can't ride highway yet :(

6. wcthalgott

wcthalgott New Member

If by highways you mean interstates, i.e. I-75 then no we will not be on the any interstates highways. But we will be using state highways and a couple of local roads. I THINK we will be taking HWY 161 west form Dublin to Middleburg-Plain City Rd to Hwy 245 west. North of Urbana Hwy 296 to Hwy 29 north to Hwy 119. Please understand that I do not have the actual file at work, I am trying to piece this together from memory and this may not be the exact route we will be on.

7. hondajt

hondajt New Member

all good. i appreciate the fast repsonse.

8. hondajt

hondajt New Member

i cannot attend. but thanks.