NOx

Discussion in '5th Generation 1998-2001' started by chris.neale, Jul 18, 2021.

1. chris.neale

chris.neale New Member

United Kingdom
    Hi all, would anyone know what the NOx figures would be for a 98 machine, apparently if it’s under 0.15g/km it’s ulez exempt for London, just need to apply with cert of conformity from Honda or independently checked. Vtec model is ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Neill

Neill New Member

United Kingdom
    I'd be surprised if the 98 model is. Mines a 99 and doesn't have a Cat fitted as standard so I imagine yours is the same unfortunately.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

3. chris.neale

chris.neale New Member

United Kingdom
    Surprisingly, apparently most motorcycles are likely to pass as the standard is also applied to cars. They only started putting it on the reg documents from something like 2007 when euro 3 came in and so you have to prove prior to that (have seen an old ntv650 with the documents!!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Neill

Neill New Member

United Kingdom
    AHH I'd have thought the regs for bikes would have ben different. Fingers crossed then older bikes will still be able to ride in.

It doesn't make environmental sense to force old bikes off the road just to expend all those resources and emissions to build a new bike to do a slightly better job than the previous one.

Let me know how you figure a way around it. ULEZ doesn't affect Belfast yet but I'm sure it will eventually.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk