Not really new just coming back

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Grade247, May 5, 2020.

1. Grade247

Grade247 New Member

United States
    I don't currently have a viffer but looking for a 5th gen right now. My first bike was an 84 vf750f and had it for 7 years

Bikes I've had since
    09 MG Breva 750
    15 MG Griso 1200 SE
    17 Victory Octane

Current bikes
    2011 Kawi Ninja 1000
    2009 HD Nightster (Flip Project got cheap)[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Samuel likes this.
  2. skimad4x4

skimad4x4 "Official" VFRWorld Greeter

France
    Map
    Hi Tim and welcome back to the VFR MadHouse:Welcome:

Looks like you have enjoyed some interesting rides since your last VFR. Hopefully you can track down a suitable 5th Gen and can enjoysummer with the special sound of a V4 with gear driven cams. Obviously good ones are starting to get to get hard to find, and like-wise some parts are getting hard to track down. If you get too frustrated looking for a 5th Gen it might be worthwhile to contact a honda dealer and arrange to take an 8th gen for a test ride as you will be surprised how comfortable and effortless they are even on seriously long haul trips, and how rapid they can be when you need to pass a heap of slow traffic.

Post up photos if you find a VFR.

Take care ATGATT

SkiMad

Grade247 likes this.
  3. Grade247

Grade247 New Member

United States
    I actually almost picked up a 15 before my kawi but the rule the stupid dealer had screwed me out of it. I have all the loan paperwork filed and ready to be signed BUT he put a "deposit" on the bike and I lost it. Wasn't happy at all with the dealer.

After some reading on the newer bikes I prefer the gear driven cams and read some fairly expensive maintenance items on the 8th gens I'd rather avoid plus they sound weird/not the same

My aim is a 5th gen or a 06/07 6th gen but really prefer a 5th so I don't have to mess with dealing with the choppy vtec

4. Allyance

Allyance Insider

United States
    Map
    Sorry you got screwed out of the deal, I've had my '14 8th gen for over 5 years, no choppy VTEC, smooth transition. I've had my VF750 since 1983, and I agree about the sound of V4's, but man do they pull like crazy.

5. Grade247

Grade247 New Member

United States
    See speed isn't top of list it's character and soul and the desire to ride. My kawi 1000 pulls like a freight train but dosent beg me to ride it. It's tune and last time it was dynoed I was at 146whp and 82ft lbs at the tire. It scoots right along without effort but just feels numb and boring lol. My griso was much heavier and produced far less power but was such a joy to ride.

6. Grade247

Grade247 New Member

United States
    Welp that was quicker then expected. Buddy of mine found me a very well taken care of 98 with 61k on the clock. Couldn't pass it up for the price and condition [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]