Northern NJ / Lower NY - best place to checkout VFR - get a test ride

Discussion in 'USA - Northeast' started by mjlandy, Feb 13, 2007.

1. mjlandy

mjlandy New Member

I am in the market (potentially) - I need to switch from my short-haul Duc Monster to a more comfy longer haul ride (I only get 3.3Gal).

VFR is one of my likely candidates - but I need to find a good local place to spend time, checkout the bike, and get a test ride (right...) if possible.

Mark

2. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    you gonna buy used or new? what kind of riding?

3. U53FUL 1Di0t

U53FUL 1Di0t New Member

Go to Sport Honda in Metuchen, NJ. We have a white 2006 demo bike (its for sale, too) and we have a white and black 2006 in stock as well as a burgundy 2007. Now is the best time to check out and buy a bike, because sales are slow and the new models are coming in so you can get a good deal on a 2006. Take Exit 2A off 287 and youll see it as soon as you take the exit, on your right. Its a HUGE white and red building. Ive been to other honda dealerships before I worked here, and they dont have HALF the customer service that we do. Thats one of the reasons I got a job there. That, and the discounts ;). We also have a Ducati/BMW dealership right next door, so you can probably get a better trade in value for your Duc as well. Hope this helps.

4. mjlandy

mjlandy New Member

I guess

That depends on the dealer and the bike.

I would not buy independant unless I knew the person very very well - bikes are too finicky to not have a dealer in the middle.

Riding type - lets say 'spirited'.

5. mjlandy

mjlandy New Member

Is the Duc dealer is in the same family as it were - if I were to make a deal ?

Sounds like a trip from Northern NJ - but it is a start, thanks!

6. U53FUL 1Di0t

U53FUL 1Di0t New Member

Well, the owner of the Duc dealer is part owner of the honda dealer as well. So I'm sure they would be able to work something out. And even if you were to trade the Duc in at Honda, they would send it next door anyway.

7. powdermet

powdermet New Member

It might be a bit of a drive for you but I bought my '01 Viffer from Montgomeryville Cycle Center in Hatfield, PA. four years ago. They are North of Philly. They were super to deal with.

- Steve