Nolan N87 Helmet

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by PetePower, Oct 4, 2017.

1. PetePower

PetePower New Member

Australia
    Map
    Gday, I have just had to replace my SHARK Vision R Helmet as the coating was cracking at the back of the helmet. Shark came good with Warranty, I had the helmet for just on 3yrs so the 5yr warranty period was a bonus. Glad I always keep my receipts. It was a great helmet by the way.
    Anyway that meant I needed a new helmet, the stock that the shop had for similar price AUD450.00 was a AGV and a Bell and the Nolan N87. The AGV and Bell didn't fit my shaped scone and the Nolan was a perfect fit.
    Really nice looking helmet with lots of features Pin Lock Anti Fog, plenty of vents, N-Com compatible, Built in sunscreen. But one feature I like is the weight only 1410g in the Small size.
    It is a little on the noisy side though and I think it is because of the spaces near the ears for sound system. I am going to get some foam to fill the voids to see if improves. But for the price very happy.
    N87-RAPID-N-COM-F_Lava-Grey-16.jpg

2. adk_finn

adk_finn New Member

United States
    Map
    PetePower,

What head shape would you say you are? I have been looking at N87's (webbikeworld gave it a good review) and have a medium oval / long oval head and am trying to figure out if I should size up one or not. I have an HJC that I had to size up to get an acceptable fit front to back, but am starting to find I still get a forehead pressure point after a few hours of continuous riding and the chin bar is closer to my face than I'd like. There isn't anywhere local to me to try one on or I would have already. Thanks for your thoughts.

3. PetePower

PetePower New Member

Australia
    Map
    Adk_finn ,
    Never been asked that before haha. o_O Guess I'm probably a bit more on the narrow head side. The Bells and AGV were too loose on the sides. The Bell Star are supposed to be a narrow fit helmet as well but wasn't a good fit for me, it was pressure on the forehead as well. I've never tried a HJC so not sure how they compare. You really do need to try before you buy, with a lot of helmets they have a couple of different Outer shell sizes so the same helmet as Medium could suit a different head shape (not size) better than the Large or Small due to padding etc.
    The Bell Star and AGV K5 were both really nice alternatives, similar pricing and also worth a look.
    Good Luck, and a good excuse to go for longer rides to different stockists :)

4. adk_finn

adk_finn New Member

United States
    Map
    Thank you for the info. Have you not seen the 'helmets by head shape' info on webbikeworld or revzilla? It is great info if you don't have an average shaped head. FYI - Nolan N87 is based on only two shell sizes: http://www.nolan-usa.com/products/n87-harp.html
    I would love to try this helmet on before ordering, but the nearest listed dealer is over 3 hours from me.