newbie jerk w/performance tip

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by havcar, May 10, 2008.

1. havcar

havcar New Member

Map
    Hey everyone, I have been reading the site for some time now and recently purchased an '08 vfr. This is my second viffer the first being the now infamous black, aqua blue, and pink 250cc circa 1987. In case you're wondering the '08 is better.
    I broke her in a few weeks ago and have already begun to do some mods. I (like some critics) thought it was a touch weak in the mid ranges. There were however far to many positves to turn my back on this lovely bike. The best thing of all is that the perceived torque issues are easily and inexpensively fixed. Simply replace the front sprocket with a smaller one (about $35 and 1/2 hr labor) and the rear sprocket with a one tooth larger edition and your done. The bike looses it's "jekell and hyde" personality, begins building torque and acceleration at about 4500rpm and makes a much smoother transition to 4 valve mode. This will effect top speed some but overall range is not effected. 75 mph in sixth is still 5000rpm. Peak power occurs around 10,000 rpms rather than 10,800 (allowing for shifting well before redline) and if you want that extreme top end back simply ad the pipe of your choice(two bros m-2 vale was mine) and you're set. I can tell all of you the sprockets do far more than the pipe for far less money, but the pipe looked and sounded so damn good I had to do it.
    Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and drop a tip for anyone that might be interested. Love VFR World and hope you all have a great day!!!!!

2. SLOVFR

SLOVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Welcome to the group! There some better than I 6 gen guys around here that will be recruiting you shortly.

3. aftershock

aftershock New Member

welcome hope this forum is useful for it is for me. join us in the 6th gen roll call

4. benjammer

benjammer New Member

Havcar you have to be a hellaofava good guy if you're sporting Arnold as your avatar. You ever see Pumping Iron??

5. derstuka

derstuka Lord of the Wankers Staff Member

Map
    Welcome to the forum bro! Keep the rubber side down!

:vtr2: