New to VFR world, 2nd VFR!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by VFRonry, Jul 9, 2009.

1. VFRonry

VFRonry New Member

Sort of my 3rd, I gave a short intro on the 5th gen forum since that's what I'm getting in a few weeks.

I was first introduced to the pure awesome that a VFR is when I was in college when my uncle had one, a 1995 750. I always thought it had the sweetest sound I've heard on a bike but it seemed so very far away from my wallet at the time.

Now I'm working here in Japan and got a 1990 Japanese spec 750 which has served me well, I've put around 25,000 km on it but alas a previous owner's careless mistakes (aka dropping it...) has started to become more and more difficult to fix and I've made the choice to change bikes to what I've always wanted :biggrin:

I'll have a 1999 VFR 800 from the UK as my new ride! If there are any VFR riders in Japan on here, give me a shout! :thumbsup:

2. park800

park800 New Member

Map
    Konnichiha, I rode a buddys 5th Gen. and freakin loved it, hope you enjoy yours!

3. VFRonry

VFRonry New Member

Yeah I can't wait for it! The VFR is actually a relatively rare bike in Japan, especially a 5th gen. The police use them for their bikes but even that's changing now to the Honda CB1300 Super Boldor (a woefully boring bike by comparison in my opinion...) My 1990 was the last year VFR 750s were made for domestic use in Japan so it's already a pretty rare bike but the 1999...I want it nooow!