I posted in the introduction section the other day and figured I would now share my VFR story. In short my brother who lives in FL, I am in CT, was up in CT a few weeks ago and was picking up some stuff he had left up here. Those things included a few bikes one of which was a 1990 VFR750 he had picked up a couple of years ago. When I went to see him the first thing he said is "you want it" so I now own a VFR for "free". I honestly didn't know much about the VFR's as I am mainly a cruiser guy. I currently own a Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 and have since purchasing it new in 2007. I have been riding for 30 years so bikes and I go way back. The only thing my brother knew about the bike is that he got it from a guy who swore the only thing it needed was a carb rebuild. My brother on the side picks up bikes, fixes them up, and sells them so this is just one of many he has. So I got the bike home and tore into it. The carbs weren't bad at all. Had a full tank of old gas that had to go. The only thing the carbs needed was a good cleaning and new float bowl gaskets. The jets weren't bad but as I had to wait a few days for gaskets I let soaked while I waited. The rear cowl on the bike was pretty beat up. both side had cracks and chunks missing. So while I waited for gaskets I learned about ABS slurry and ABS glue and went to town on them. They came out ok but my paint job well it could use some help. At some point I will redo it. Once the gaskets came in I assembled the carbs and on they went along with the air box and tank. Through in some fresh gas and she fired right up. The only thing I had to do was adjust the idle. I noticed the temp gauge didn't seem to be working so I didn't run it to long. In the end with the help of the service guide and a voltmeter the issue was with the wiring on the cluster. The positive that feeds two of the cluster bulbs, the fuel gauge, and temp gauge was open. Easy fix. Gauges work now. After all that I put all the fairings on, put air in the tires, and took it out for a ride around the block. I haven't registered it yet. It's alive again for sure. You may notice from the pictures below that it has a two brother left handed exhaust. Full SS header. Whoever put the exhaust on added two inch spacers behind the left side rear passenger footpeg. Not the best idea as it pushed the left side of the cowl out which caused most of it's damage. So no rear pegs for now. Wife already said "I'm not getting in the back of that thing" so no issue for me. Here it is. Sorry for the long post. I have a front tire on order, going to replace the front brake pads, and need to service the chain. I already took care of all the fluids. It's a second bike that a toy more or less. It's been fun working on it. The bike has some marks and looks as if was lightly laid down at one point. As it's 29 years old I think it still looks pretty good. (I haven't even washed it yet) It was missing the centerpiece on the rear cowl. Found a white one on ebay for 22 with shipping. I think the white goes good with the seat so it's staying white.