New MEMBER with a 1993 vfr 750f!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by henryaticon, Apr 10, 2006.

1. henryaticon

henryaticon New Member

Hello All:smile: ,
    My name is Henry. I just bought a 93 VFR 750f.:biggrin: It's my first bike. I picked it up at a very good price. Needs some body work, fairings are missing, mainly cosmetics, but the engine is good. Anyway I wanted to know, since this is my first bike and I am new to the bike world, if anybody has any tips, ideas, comments, tec...I also need some parts for the bike. Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself. THANKS!!!!!!

2. michael

michael Administrator Staff Member

United States
    Map
    Hey Henry, welcome aboard! What color is your bike?

3. henryaticon

henryaticon New Member

Thanks for the Welcome!!

Hey thanks for the welcome. My bike is yellow, but I am missing some fairings :confused: ,that I'm looking for. Once I complete the bike I want to paint it Red. I found a couple of pictures of red vfr's and I like the way they look.:cool:

4. Legs

Legs New Member

Map
    MSF Course

Congrats on the new scooter! Since it's your first bike, make sure to take the Motorcycle Safey Foundation safety course.

You'll save on your insurance, it'll make you a better rider, and it may save your life!!:cool:

Ebay is a great place to pick up parts.

5. henryaticon

henryaticon New Member

Thanks for the advise guys.:biggrin: I am looking into the course, and yes I think it's a great idea. I had a question. I founf some vfr's with left exit exhaust. Is there a kit sold? Or is that custom? I saw one with the exhaust tukked under the seat. Same question is that a kit, or is that custom?:confused:

6. texvfr800

texvfr800 New Member

Congratulations.

I just sold my 1991 and purchased a 2004. I really enjoyed that generation VFR. Watch out for the regulator/rectifier if that hasn't been done. Other than maintenance, enjoy!

7. jethro911

jethro911 Member

United States
    Map
    Most of the left exit exhaust systems that I have seen were made by Two Brothers Racing. They discontinued it a few years ago unfortunately. I have not seen an under seat system for the third gen bikes. My 91 has one on it, see my pictures in the gallery.

Enjoy the bike, I have owned one since 1990 and really don't look at other bikes anymore. Even my new bike is still a VFR, just a newer one.